Used SB-800???

Bubbles22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was looking into buying the SB-900, but a used SB-800 came up on my local craigslist for $290. Is this a good price? Also, I was wanting the SB-900 to be the commander for other flashes when I get them so that would just consist of it being in my hot shoe and then it would work. The SB-800 I believe does this as well. Does anyone have any advice, good price, bad, will I be just as happy. (know that this will be my first external flash, so probably won't know the difference.) Thanks!!!

That is indeed a good price for an SB800 (which does have a Commander Mode), but look it over carefully. Look at the lens; is the plastic discoloured or damaged in any way? Check the battery compartment, is there any corrosion or damage to the contacts? Examine the case carefully, is there any sign it has been dropped or banged (crushed edges, fine cracks)? Check the lock on the hot shoe, ensure it goes on easily and locks firmly. Cycle through the displays and ensure that there's no damage to the LCD. Find out if it still has the fifth battery door.

I bought a used one for $300 plus shipping not too long ago, and I considered it a good deal. Assuming there is nothing wrong with it, comes with the gels, diffusers, and 5th battery compartment, I would snap it up in a heartbeat.

Thanks guys...I bought it. The guy looked like he barely touched the thing.

Outstanding. Some consider the SB-800 to be superior to the SB-900 ;)

Most reactions

Back