Uses for the ubiquitous 35mm film canister.

I keep some of my spinner-making small beads in them; I prefer the old super-clear ones from the 1980's...those got very scarce,very quickly, at a certain point. Not the frosty-clear ones, but the very clear ones. None of the type I'm talking about are seen in the photo that accompanies this post.

I've heard they keep marijuana fresh for weeks. :headbang:

But um.....a.......I use them to store small parts for building plastic model kits. I also keep a plastic grocery bag in one to carry in the camera bag or glove box in the car, never know when you need a small plastic bag.

How come I never knew that?? I thought people just used baggies...

Anyway I keep media cards in them, or camera batteries or other small craft items. I seem to always have a few sitting here.

use one for a coffee scoop. I put treats in them after I have washed them, throw them at Webster. One I drilled small holes in the top and loaded it with catnip, Baby girl has a ball with it until she knocks it under something that I have to get at. I can't mention the other uses though....

when I worked at a photo store, I used to push a hole through the lid with a pen, and then press the lid onto a line of compressed air. then I'd snap the canister on, and shoot my coworkers when I hit the air nozzle.

when I worked at a photo store, I used to push a hole through the lid with a pen, and then press the lid onto a line of compressed air. then I'd snap the canister on, and shoot my coworkers when I hit the air nozzle.
Naturally. That's why they give us compressed air.

My friend save £2 coins they fit perfect in a 35mm canister and he put them in his bottom drawer and it pays toward a holiday every year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Our old tackle boxes still have some of the old aluminum canisters with the screw-on tops - held hooks, swivels, split-shot. It never worked as well with the plastic canisters as the stuff would fly out when you pulled the top off.

Most reactions

Back