Using a cowboy wireless transmitter with a sigma 610 super dg

Kobegoat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ANY flash with a firing voltage of 12V or under would will work.
So I would think yes.

i just purchased that flash and unfortunately it didn't work with my cowboy Studio wireless system. I might have to put the flash on a special setting, however, it wasn't just plug and play like my other flashes. I have an email sent to cowboy Studio and we'll see what they say.

joegfx

Well I purchased both, and they are not working, any word on the settings?

Sigma was pretty much worthless on helping out, no word from Cowboy Studio. The Sigma 610 is pretty fussy with some non canon equipment. Can't get it to work with the wireless setup and I also purchased a 30ft hotshoe cable from adorama and it won't work with it either... Not sure what can be done.

This is why I should have went with a speedlight. Will the 610 work wirelessly with a 530 ex 2? How about with other sigma's

Bummer....

Test the Sigma on your camera's hotshoe. Take some shots and if it fires, the flash is ok.

Install the receiver to the Sigma flash, and the transmitter to your camera. Make sure they are both on the same channel. Take some shots. If it fires, they are both ok. If it doesnt, return the items and get a Canon 430EXII or the 580EXII and the Flash Wave II or III. They should work together because I use these products a lot. The Pocket Wizard is the best but may beyond my budget.

By the way, did you also get the transmitter????

Last edited:
I did, I spoke with Sigma today and they say they don't test or guarantee their flashes with radio poppers, the sigma is a great flash, so I will keep it (plus I have had it for over a month). I am thinking of adding two more to my setup and use them to communicate with each other. Maybe add some pocket wizards later down the road

Most reactions

New Topics

Back