Using multiple cameras for still pictures

Stangman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My job has me out documenting vehicles, license plate numbers and addresses in certain HOA communities. I am trying to find a way I can run multiple cameras with a remote trigger and download the files with date and time stamp and gps tags and when downloaded have all of the files sync together. I am currently using a Sony DSC-H9 and the H50 since they have the night vision and I take pictures late at night. So the cameras I am using currently don't have gps and I am looking to upgrade and simplify my job.
I want to find cameras that I can mount and trigger remotely, they need to take clear low light pictures and then I need to know how I can sync the files during download. I have used my Samsung Galaxy s8 with good luck and it can gps tag but I would still need to download from multiple sources and have the files sync and merge together. If there is an app can do what I need that can work, or a program and camera setup? Not sure so let me know what your ideas are and how I can make this work. Thank you in advance

just sort by file created date. make sure the cameras have been synchronized.

giphy.gif

trigger is ezpz.

I can' just sort by file created date, I have to send the pictures in reports and the file names have to run in order

With a lot of software you can have the date and time information from the image placed at the front of the file name - I do the Date information for all my files so that I will never have duplicates (unless I take over 10k pictures in one day on one camera). Just add the time after the date and now the files will run in order of when they were taken right down to the second (need to sync cameras to same time - some can do that from the GPS data). I use the Adobe Lightroom program for this initial import with file renaming into the image database - YYYYMMDD_Hour_Minute_Second_Filename. Each of my cameras has its own filename so I know from that what camera was used.

For processing information like license plates I would use a program like Matlab. It can pull the license plate information from the image using its image processing capabilities.

Thank you Dave442 that helps a lot. I will look into what software I can use to place timestamp in front of filename and will definitely check into the Matlab

I am using a program to automatically change the file names to the date and time and it will even date and time stamp right on the images automatically. That helps alot. Now for the issue of using multiple cameras and shutter control. I am using the Sony dsc-h9 and imagine I have a camera clamped to each window aimed at the cars on either side of the road. I need wired shutter remotes so I can just push the shutter button I need and get the pictures. I would love to upgrade to newer cameras and use a smart phone app so I could see the image before taking it and fine tune but that's not in the budget any time soon and I haven't seen any with a night shot feature either that I need. Any help so be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Most reactions

Back