Using Nikon D7200 in places the D5100 wouldnt go.

Seventen

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to a local place where my son could feed the ducks, I have been here this time last year with my old Nikon D5100 and got maybe one or two images that was ok. My biggest issue is being very cloudy weather and in a forest. there is gaps in the trees where a little river (can't really call it a river its more of a ditch where the over flow of a lake has run up a little). You get bright light here coming down but the rest is dark.

Anyway to the point I was really shocked how quick the auto focus would lock on to the targets even when they were flying in, I tried with the 5100 and it just searched through the AF leaving me to use manual. It made the world of difference with the 7200, I have put three images here not the best images that could have been taken but really shocked with the difference they were taken with ISO on auto and it gave 6400, 9000 and 12800, shutter speeds between 1/250 - 1/500 F5 - F8 and the exposure compensation plus 0.3. It was nice to use manual with settings I wanted and not having to worry about ISO. Maybe to me its the most amazing thing ever but to you with your great full frame cameras and amazing abilities might not seem like much, but this is a huge jump up for me and so really happy I took the D7200.

Lens I was using was Tamron 70-300 VC USD.

Just a little annoying that RAW is not working with lightroom so just storing them away for now and using the jpegs for now. I could use the Nikon software but so used to lightroom now will wait for now.

Attachments

• DSC_0648.jpg
    DSC_0648.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 332
  • DSC_0671.jpg
    DSC_0671.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,109
  • DSC_0672.jpg
    DSC_0672.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 303
Sounds good, enjoy

yea , AF performance and FPS is very imp for tracking moving subjects... however nowadays my biggest problem is not with modern camera performance, but with front/back focus with different lens...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back