USS Constellation C&C Please

ADavis85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken with my Minolta X-700, 28mm f/2.8 lens, ASA 400 B&W (obviously) film.

In Baltimore's Inner Harbor sits the USS Constellation. It's an amazingly beautiful ship.

USS_Constellation.jpg

Link to the FULL-RES version.

Its a beautiful ship but it looks like that building is the 4th mast. Ship shots are hard at the dock, so many distracting elements in the background. The hull also seems a bit dark but that could be my monitor.

The ship is under-exposed, it's a hull of black mass without detail. To have exposed for the ship would have blown out the rest of the frame. candidate for HDR or waiting to get the sun in the right angle.

Maybe a better edit? Still a bit of blow-out above the bow of the ship. Thanks for the feedback guys! I appreciate it; I want to get better. I would have been happy if there was a bit of over cast this day...but honestly, this was just the first roll through this camera, mainly making sure it works after 30 years. Anyway, feel free to edit this...maybe someone has more skill than I. That's one thing I need to get better at, for sure, is processing.

USSConstellation2.jpg

I think that's an improvement. :)
Thanks! Is it possible to isolate the area above the bow, and the background buildings and lower the light level? I'm not that skilled with Gimp yet...or does it not need it? I don't think it's that bad...but even I would prefer the sky be a more even tone.

Most reactions

Back