Utah Formals! -4 degrees outside.

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This poor bride both their engagement session as well as their formals were done in sub-freezing temperatures. The wedding is tomorrow, and we are expecting to be in the upper teens. Heat wave! She wanted to shoot a few of the first time he saw her in her dress, but was extremely nervous because as she was telling him about her dress shopping experience, he told her "Just as long as you didn't get a mermaid style dress, I hate those!" Well, she had just bought her dress . . . a mermaid style wedding dress! So she was near tears walking around the corner to see her groom!

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20001-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20003-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20009-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20011-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20012-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20026-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20066-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20076-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20085-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20096-L.jpg

T%20%26%20J%20Formals%20099-L.jpg

All very nice informal portraits, but why the word "formal" in your thread title? Is it because they are "dressed up"?

All very nice informal portraits, but why the word "formal" in your thread title? Is it because they are "dressed up"?

If I'm doing pictures of just the bride in her bridal dress I label them "Bridals". These shots were of the Bride and Groom 3 weeks before the wedding. I choose to call those sessions "Formals". I guess if it were just the groom we would call them "Groomals"?

Any suggestions on what other name to give them?

If I'm doing pictures of just the bride in her bridal dress I label them "Bridals". These shots were of the Bride and Groom 3 weeks before the wedding. I choose to call those sessions "Formals". I guess if it were just the groom we would call them "Groomals"?

Any suggestions on what other name to give them?

Convention would indicate that these are "informal portraits" as opposed to "portraits".

I don't know your naming system, but I suppose a system that I devise would be something like; "informals, Ben and Geri, January 5, 2013".

I guess I don't feel "informals" fits, because they are dressed up in the most "formal" attire they are going to wear their entire life. Informal is a name the local high schools give the dances where the kids wear their jeans and tshirts not their dresses. I think for now I will stick with the terminology I've been using for 12 years!

I guess I don't feel "informals" fits, because they are dressed up in the most "formal" attire they are going to wear their entire life. Informal is a name the local high schools give the dances where the kids wear their jeans and tshirts not their dresses. I think for now I will stick with the terminology I've been using for 12 years!

O.K., I will stick with the terminology that I have been using for 45 years, and which was in common usage a long time before that.

Holy cow look at those eyes. I'm always taken with big sharp eyes so 8 was my favorite, but some nice shots across the board.

Though I'm not a big fan of the washed out look, and yes I know it's all the rage but so are Anne Geddes pictures.

O.K., I will stick with the terminology that I have been using for 45 years, and which was in common usage a long time before that.

To each his own!! ;)

Holy cow look at those eyes. I'm always taken with big sharp eyes so 8 was my favorite, but some nice shots across the board.

Though I'm not a big fan of the washed out look, and yes I know it's all the rage but so are Anne Geddes pictures.

Thank you!!
It is all the rage, and for weddings rage pays! Each session gets a few of my standard processing . . . kind of the shots mom and grandma will hang on the wall. This particular bride was looking for a dreamy feel. So I processed most of them with the more washed out look!

Thank you!!
It is all the rage, and for weddings rage pays! Each session gets a few of my standard processing . . . kind of the shots mom and grandma will hang on the wall. This particular bride was looking for a dreamy feel. So I processed most of them with the more washed out look!

And this is totally why I have ZERO weddings booked and you're probably booked all year. :) That's ok, though, I'm fine with pretending like I'm superior and therefore a total snot bag. I don't have any particular need to make any more photo money anyway... :lol:

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back