Valentines Stroll

Aye it does seem a tad vibrant. I used the Velvia preset that are "built in" to the RAF files when I imported using Camera Raw, but I did +5 or so on the vibrancy & saturation.

It does look a bit more vibrant when viewed in its compressed size here in the forum than it does do size in flickr, or is that just my eyes? Just any help will do as I'll need to calibrate my monitor the best I can

the size here really doesn't matter

it's oversaturated and too vibrant

In your opinion. Depends what you're going for, there's no right or wrong. ;)

I don't mind the saturation and vibrance that much. It looks far better than a lot of desaturated pics I see posted.
It's certainly a bit more that "I" normally go, but I don't think it's even close to the "overcooked" range yet.

Personally, I think the slight over saturation works ok here because it is mostly landscape in the frame. The people are a small portion and not facing the camera, so the saturation isn't messing with their skin tones.

Just my opinion tho.

I do actually think it is a bit much myself now that I see it on my tablet etc. Windows 8.1 had put the wrong monitor profile in which was messing with my colours a bit. I'll tone it down later a bit more to what I was going for in the first instance!

K_Pugh said:
In your opinion. Depends what you're going for, there's no right or wrong. ;)

When white clouds turn to blue, as is the case here, then the sky colors are definitely overdone. Using the Velvia pre-set and then adding additional punch on top of that has moved this image right into the realm of eye candy.

The colour of the clouds have not been altered, more saturated perhaps, meaning, bringing out colour that already exists. Nothing wrong with eye candy :) I never stated that the image was an exact representation of the actual scene as when I had taken the image, it wasn't supposed to be a documentation of the weather on that particular day.

I like it. It is very saturated for sure but, it is interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back