Valletta Break Water in B&W (Malta)

Quenten

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the Break Water in Valletta, Malta. Took this photo during Sunrise in a cloudy day. I am a beginner photographer so all your Comments and Critiques will only Help.
Thank you very much for your time.

Nikon d3100
18-55mm lens
f/6.3
1/30 sec
ISO 400 $B&W Breakwater - Copy.jpg

Not bad at all. It works well as a B&W, with strong lines and good contrast. The depth of field looks pretty good. The only thing that bothers me is the sky, in which some areas seem too dark and others too light - did you do any processing to increase the contrast there? If so, try backing off a little. If not, it may be something the camera did in creating the jpg file.

Not bad at all. It works well as a B&W, with strong lines and good contrast. The depth of field looks pretty good. The only thing that bothers me is the sky, in which some areas seem too dark and others too light - did you do any processing to increase the contrast there? If so, try backing off a little. If not, it may be something the camera did in creating the jpg file.
Hi Ken,thanks for your comments. I agree with you regarding the sky. What happened is that i cloned part of the sky cause there was a big part of the sky which was too bright and didn't know how to set only the contrast of the sky and not interfering the rest of the photo. I think the best option next time is to use an ND filter, but still i don't own one :))

Most reactions

Back