Valley of Fire

irfan.in.tx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada.

$VoF 2 r.jpg

Also at Valley of Fire | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have been on the highway watching the signs go by pointing to this place but, due to travel time restraints, have never checked it out. My loss, because this looks amazing. I love red rock country!! :heart:

Your image has some issues, however. A step to the left or right would have taken the boulders as well as the large bush in the foreground out of their center spots, which would help the composition. Also, it really looks over-saturated. As much as I love the blues in the distance, there is too much magenta, and maybe yellow, in your color balance.

If you have more information in your original shot, you might could easily fix the composition with a different crop, and of course color is easy to fix. This shot is of a beautiful place and with a few tweaks you'll have a winner.

Do you have more from your trip here? Would love to see them! :)

Thanks for the tips, Terri. I'll play around some more with the raw file.

The park itself is not that big, but it has a little bit of many features that you would find in the region's parks -- an arch, a couple of hoodoo like rocks, boulders, sulphurous rocks, etc. The park entrance is some 11 miles from the exit, and there are paved circuits, a visitor center and also campgrounds.

I'm not on a great monitor at the moment, so take this with a grain of salt, but saturation doesn't look too bad to me, I do think the color balance is off like terry mentioned, yellows mostly, maybe slight magenta. I agree a different composition would help out a lot too.

I'm down in that area a few times a year, I've always wanted to stop by but never had a chance. looks like I really need to go sometime...

Nice shot Irfan. I've been there but it's been awhile. It's on my list of things to do this winter.
Your composition is very good.

Most reactions

Back