Value of a rolleiflex

canon_SLR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering what the value of a rolleiflex 4x4 made in germany would be in brand new condition used like 30 times. have hard case and looks super my dad had this question he got it from his dad and said that he never rarly used it and this camera looks to be like it came from the factory.

I would need to know a few things before pricing your Rollei:

• is it gray or black?
  • does it have the Tessar 60/3.5 or the Tessar 60/2.8?
  • does it have a 1/500 or a 1/300 shutter speed (fastest)?
  • what condition is it in?
  • is glass free of scratches (even superficial ones like cleaning marks)?
  • what is the taking lens serial number?
Let me know the above and I'll try to suggest a fair price for you.

1. grey and green
2.every thing seen on lense heidosmat 1:2,8 / 60 (top lense)
3. nfc dont know where the shutter speed is i think i found it if so 500
4. like it came from the factory perfect.
5 yes

every thing from bottom lense xenar 1:3,5 / 60 schneider- kreuznauch

this cam was made in germany

canon_SLR said:

every thing from bottom lense xenar 1:3,5 / 60 schneider- kreuznauch

Just a few thoughts:

Serial number as indicated does not exist in the Rollei database of serial numbers. Make sure it's the serial number atop of the camera and not the one on the lens.

Based on the lens I can tell you it's a later model, post 1957. That's when they introduced the SK lenses.

My opinion on the price of this little camera, with everything tip-top shape and clean glass: $180.00 to $225.00

Hope this helps.

Just a bit of help to "Mitica 100" I have a Rollei with a 2.8 lens and it's a "PLANAR" not a "TESSAR" If I understand, and I'm no authority, some models also were produced with the "XENOTAR" 2.8 lens. One just sold on Ebay Australia with a faulty winding mecanism for $355 [aussie dollars]
www.philipweirphotography.

Philip Weir said:
Just a bit of help to "Mitica 100" I have a Rollei with a 2.8 lens and it's a "PLANAR" not a "TESSAR" If I understand, and I'm no authority, some models also were produced with the "XENOTAR" 2.8 lens. One just sold on Ebay Australia with a faulty winding mecanism for $355 [aussie dollars]
www.philipweirphotography.

Ha! And I thought I knew the Rolleis! :lol:

Anyway, is your Rollei a 4x4 (aka Baby Rollei)?

Recall paying about 100 USD for mine without the case or any accessories. That seems a little high now. It’s pretty clean but not mint, has the Xenar 1:3.5/60 lens, 500 shutter speed, s/n 2002907, this model was made between 57-61 (?) I think.

large.jpg

Dang. There it is again! I meant to steal that from you while we were in DC, Jeff....but oddly, you wouldn't turn your back long enough while I was looking at it. :mrgreen:

Where does a guy find a flash system like that? I have a Yashica LM and need a flash for it, but haven't been able to figure out if there's a way to modify a standard hotshoe for it :p

nealjpage said:
Where does a guy find a flash system like that? I have a Yashica LM and need a flash for it, but haven't been able to figure out if there's a way to modify a standard hotshoe for it :p

It really nothing special, does your camera have a plug for PC cord? If it does then all you need is a flash with that option, or can get a PC to hot shoe cord that way you can use a cheap flash, that’s that I did with this setup

similar to what I am using
89982.jpg

Sweet. I'll look at it one of these days....Haven't taken any shots with it lately :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back