vancouver new years...

meg27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mojocreative.co.uk
Hi there,
My partner and I are off on holiday to whistler at new years. But we are spending four days in vancouver over new years eve. I've never been out of europe before, so i'm very excited!!!

I'm just wondering if anyone out there is from vancouver or knows the place well? Because i don't know what to do on New Years eve. I'm, not looking to go out clubbing or anything, as we don't drink, but i wondered if there was any big fire works displays , or any thing we should do or see?

Any tips on any other things to do in the area at this time of year, and any good shoot locations would be great also!

Thankyou guys, i hope you have some advice?

Meg & Jon
xx

I live in Edmonton (1200km east) but I've been to Vancouver more than a few times.

First off, I'm sure that there are many, many things going on for New Years Eve. There is probably some concert going on at the Plaza of Nations, which is close to downtown near the football stadium (BC Place). There may even be something going on at Stanley Park. Look it up on the internet...

As for things to see, there are plenty of sights. Stanley Park is a really nice place but can be crowded when the weather is good. The Vancouver Aquarium is in Stanley Park, fun to visit but can also be busy. I've never been to the Capilano suspension bridge but it's supposed to be quite the sight.

There are so many things to do and see...depends what you like and what the weather is like. I'd expect it to be cold & rainy but you never know.

Have Fun.

thank you!
Yeah, i've been trying to find stuff out on the net, like Vancouver events calander and tourism sites, but i just can't find anything! Hopefully the hotel staff will be able to point us in the right direction, as we will have only just arrived the night before! I would hate to find out that we had missed something really cool in the days following, when we start to get to know the place a bit more! If anyone else has any thoughts i'd be interested in hearing them. Plus i am just so excited about my holiday that i just want more information to keep my excitment going!!!I'm sure you all know how that feels!

I live near Vancouver, and know I think 2 other TPFers in Vancouver... but I don't know anything around there. =P

Most reactions

New Topics

Back