Vancouver Skyline at night

simonkit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.landscapephotographyuk.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of shots taken during my recent honeymoon in Canada - the Vancouver skyline

All C&C welcome

simon

PICT4323-final.jpg

PICT4331final-1.jpg

Number one would make a killer HDR.

I like the first one, but it needs contrast.

Nice. How did you like Vancouver? Both seem to be underexposed and lack contrast.

I am not sure that #1 really lacks contrast .. it appears nice and pleasing on my screen, not something that punches your eyeballs, but that is not required for image #1 IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback / comments.

Both these shots produce great prints so maybe web display doesn't do them justice - certainly not underexposed ??

Vancouvers great, the Canadian Rockies fantastic but best of all Alaska - completely breathtaking & by far the most incredible place I've ever visited

simon

lovely photos, thanx for sharing

congrats on your marriage, blessings for many years to come!

The first one is great, the second is very good also. Good job!

T
Both these shots produce great prints so maybe web display doesn't do them justice - certainly not underexposed ??

looks poor at my screen at work, but brilliant on my calibrated screen at home.

as for the second image being underexposed, that is a question of taste, some people want to see a lot of brightness on night skylines, others, like myself, prefer them to be more detailled and not burning in your eyes.

Both shots look stunning on my screen. The lighting in the first is very pleasing, and the heavy clouds over the mountains add some drama/mood. The second is wonderful (IMO) as you were able to get details of the boats in the harbour as well as the lights in the building, without having the lights blur. Well done!

Most reactions

Back