Various Aussie Animals,Birds & Reptiles

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to a wildlife sanctuary near here today - Took a few pics while there - Thought you all might like to see a few of our different creatures:)

Cape Barren Goose on Nest
geese2.jpg

Monitor Lizard
monitor.jpg

Water Dragon
waterdragon1.jpg

Gang Gang Cockatoo
ganggang2.jpg

Nankeen Night Heron
heron2.jpg

Kookaburra
kookaburra2.jpg

Kangaroo
roo1.jpg

Wallaby
roo2.jpg

2nd and 5th ones are my favorites. We don't have any zoos or wildlife sanctuarys where I am. I have to camp out in the woods for hours waiting. Not sure which I prefer, :D

I love the shot of the Monitor. #2... Extremely cool!

Thanks!

It good that we do have a few places near here where can see some different creatures:) We do have Kangaroos and koalas wild around here though (in the bush areas around here). You get the warning signs on the side of the road that they are about hardly ever see them though though we did have 2 kangaroos cross the road infront of us one day - luckily going slow so didnt hit them.

Nice pics! I never heard of a Gang Gang Cokatoo before but I want his hair! :lol:

I enjoy your wanderings. These shots are great in that most of them you've obscured wires and man-made whatnots. I really appreciate that. The Gang gang cockatoo is worth it even with the chain link.

I enjoy your wanderings. These shots are great in that most of them you've obscured wires and man-made whatnots. I really appreciate that. The Gang gang cockatoo is worth it even with the chain link.

Thanks :) Yeah, unfortunatly the Gang Gangs and the Heron were right up against the back wire so couldn't really do much to reduce that section of wire.

The Monitor Lizard, the Kookabarra and the Wallaby are tack sharp and nicely taken. I so like the funny sound of the Kookabarras! :D (I have a tape with Australian bird song somewhere, but no tape recorder anywhere in the house any longer, dang! ;))

Oh i'm so jealous of you guys you have such amazing wildlife there..Lovely but the coolest of the bunch for me is definitely number two and I normally hate lizards..lol :wink:

I very much like the Monitor Lizard photo. :) He looks like he is posing for you. Any change you got more 'lizard' photos to share? :)

Thanks poppy67 and EricBrian :)

Unfortunately I didn't take more pics of the lizards that day - Most were inside (apart from the monitors which had their own big pen) and the ones behind glass (apart from the water dragon) were quite hard to get pics of as the glass had a lot of marks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back