voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were shot using the minolta using Provia 100F slide film. Scanned on the scan dual iii

We stopped off at a market and I've always wanted to shoot hanging peppers. The other photo I took had a few rows of peppers but it was underexposed and the angle was slightly off which caused it to look crooked :| I liked this one more :)
peppers.jpg

From the balcony of the Frank Lloyd Wright Chapel.
sedonavista.jpg

kinda touristy :p Doesn't she look ecstatic! At least I know now that Provia is one hell of a film for nice skin tones!
heathershappy.jpg

More of the Chapel

flwchapel04.jpg

flwchapel05.jpg

All the shots I did of Cathedral Rock during sunrise sucked... too much shade where I hiked too and I broke my polarizer the night before :pissed:

Nice job! You can almost taste the peppers just by looking at them. Sorry about the polarizer. I really like the saturation of this film.

It's not the real name but I always called the rock on the right in #2 "Indian Head Rock". I think it looks like an indians face pointing up as if he was on his back. Nice pictures. There is a place here in Colorado Springs called Garden of the Gods that has a little of the look and feel of Sedona but nothing can really match Sedona for power and beauty in my book. Few people know how many movies and commercials were made in Sedona. When you've lived there, a lot of the "generic western shots" resolve into "oh, there's Coffee Pot Rock again" etc. Lot harder to use for movies now as there are subdivisions on most of John Waynes old sets.

All the shots I did of Cathedral Rock during sunrise sucked...
Cathedral Rock on a weekend? How long did you have to wait in line before getting a turn to shoot? :p

Ironically, Sedona made me appreciate B&W better. All those rich colors really make a B&W pop. Always wanted to get back to the FLW Chapel as well with a red filter. Got that wide angle zoom finally but now have to special order overpriced thin filters or equally exspensive square filters for medium format.

You in the mood to shoot some action photos of trials riders next Sunday? I'll be riding and shooting but one more lens would be awsome.

drdan said:
There is a place here in Colorado Springs called Garden of the Gods that has a little of the look and feel of Sedona but nothing can really match Sedona for power and beauty in my book.
Yes, I've been to Garden of the Gods a few times. But I wasn't into photography back then. I lived in the Denver area for 14 years.

malachite said:
Cathedral Rock on a weekend? How long did you have to wait in line before getting a turn to shoot?
I actually went on the backside which isn't nearly as popular.
You in the mood to shoot some action photos of trials riders next Sunday? I'll be riding and shooting but one more lens would be awsome.
Where are you planning on shooting those?

Quote:
Where are you planning on shooting those?

128th St and Dynamite, starting at 9AM. We'll be out there till prolly lunch time. pm/email me if you're interested in checking it out. Bring the wife and do lunch stuff in North Scottsdale or something.

Most reactions

Back