Vast Midwest Majesty

Terrible photo. These people clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Your composition is TOO perfect i would say.

And your exposure lacks any sort of mistake shall we say and your post processing was clearly performed by some professional company that you paid.

Yeah thats it. Its a conspiracy. The American government were prob involved. Rumour has it they even called in Will Smith to ensure the job got done in style.

Yeah you have been caught out my friend..............

:hail::hail:

Holy cow!
That was my exact response on seeing that pic appear on my monitor. Wow!!!! I love the colours and sharpness of this shot. (And yes, it is vaguely reminiscent of the Windows XP thingy, teehee)

Great photo, well done.

There is something about it that really keeps the viewer's eye. It's hard to put a finger on exactly what. The rolling hills lead the viewer into the photo and the interesting features keep us looking. The color and the great lighting really put the icing on the cake.

Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty.
Sorry NJ, couldn't resist.

Great shot, Bravo!!

Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty, Vast Midwest Majesty.

Great shot, Bravo!!

Hey! Great minds think alike - cause that is exactly what I said! HAHA.
NJMAN - I just love this picture, it must be great to have the ability to show something in a picture the beautiful way you saw it in person!

love the colours together perfect postcard ;)

amazing NJ. Your new avatar is pretty cool! You haven't posted people shots in awhile...:( I miss your people shots.. I think you are very talented and your work inspires me!

You are sweet! Thank you for the extremely nice words. I am actually planning on posting some pics in the Portrait gallery very soon, if I can find the time. ;) Anyway, you made my day! Many thanks. :D

Excellent:thumbup:

Thank you, much appreciated Rob.

Lol you should think about teaching a class on HDR. Great work.

Hey, thanks so much Heck. I dont know about teaching a class, but I would be happy to answer any questions if I can about my process. Its really not all that different than just tweaking some controls here and there as you would in photoshop. But thanks very much.

I was thinking that ! :D

But seriously, what an amazing image. Absolutely spot on, and what an intriguing place !

So nice of you to say brandon, thanks a ton! Yes, it is an intriguing place. I would have stayed out there and stared at that scene for hours if I could. :)

Wow - more like a painting than a photo - great

Many thanks!

Terrible photo. These people clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Your composition is TOO perfect i would say.

And your exposure lacks any sort of mistake shall we say and your post processing was clearly performed by some professional company that you paid.

Yeah thats it. Its a conspiracy. The American government were prob involved. Rumour has it they even called in Will Smith to ensure the job got done in style.

Yeah you have been caught out my friend..............

:hail::hail:

LOL, that is hilarious! When I read that first, I was like HUH?? Thats quite the story there, with Will Smith and everything. HAHA! Thanks very much.

Stunning work

Thank you!

That was my exact response on seeing that pic appear on my monitor. Wow!!!! I love the colours and sharpness of this shot. (And yes, it is vaguely reminiscent of the Windows XP thingy, teehee)

Thanks for the wonderful comments Anti, always a pleasure to hear from you. Much appreciated!

Great photo, well done.

There is something about it that really keeps the viewer's eye. It's hard to put a finger on exactly what. The rolling hills lead the viewer into the photo and the interesting features keep us looking. The color and the great lighting really put the icing on the cake.

Hey Mike! Thanks so much for commenting. You are so busy, like a lot of the fine people around here. It means a LOT that you stopped by. Many thanks! :)

Great shot, Bravo!!

HA! That copy and paste function is great isnt it, you goofball! ;) Kathi tried to get away with that one too. LOL. Thanks a lot my friend, I appreciate the kind words! :D

Hey! Great minds think alike - cause that is exactly what I said! HAHA.
NJMAN - I just love this picture, it must be great to have the ability to show something in a picture the beautiful way you saw it in person!

Well, thanks so much Kathi. I am very glad you like it! You stay away from that copy and paste too... ;)

Gorgeous photo. :thumbup:

Was this HDR made from 3 jpegs or 1 RAW (or 3 RAWs)?

Thank you very much. Its actually 3 RAW files converted to TIFs. I like to keep as much uncompressed information as possible when I am editing ;) It takes up more space on the PC, but I think it helps tremendously with the final product. Thanks for asking!

love the colours together perfect postcard ;)

Many thanks! :)

Amazing shot! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Would it still look this bright and colourful with out the HDR?

What is that anyway... I wanna try it lol.

Amazing shot! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Would it still look this bright and colourful with out the HDR?

What is that anyway... I wanna try it lol.

I dont think it would look as good as a single image, no. Thats why I chose HDR, because I wanted to have a broader range of exposure.

What is HDR? Simply put, High Dynamic Range. If you do a google search, you will be able to find lots of hits. Even on this board, Im sure a search will yield several results. The tutorial by woodsac is especially good: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79744. :)

Thanks for the very kind words! :)

I hadn't seen this one. Very fine work!

Unreal. :thumbup:

Awesome work, I am jealous of your talent :(

lol

wooo.
it is really amzing mate.
I like it the most

Most reactions

New Topics

Back