Venting: do you share photo sites?

My favorite place for a photo shoot ..... Fort Knox gold depository. Enjoy. :gun:

There are a FEW sites that I don't give specifics about--like my recent discovery of a spot where there are two nesting bald eagles, and very nearby, a spot where I've seen hawks, herons, kingfishers and more. This is NOT because I don't want people "besting" my shots, but because I don't want to end up attracting so many people there it becomes TOO public and the wildlife finds somewhere else to be.

I agree with Sharon as far as wildlife nesting spot go.
Otherwise, IMO public sites are far game. I would probably refrain from pointing to the spot on social media and handle it in some form of private message.
Private spots where you have a connection I think should be on a case by case basis.

Ever hear of those people who go collecting edible mushrooms like truffles? These people will guard their secret spots with surprising tenacity, even when they're in public places. Hell, I've even heard of people having 'secret locations' in other people's yards. I dunno, the convo just made me think of that.

Ever hear of those people who go collecting edible mushrooms like truffles? These people will guard their secret spots with surprising tenacity, even when they're in public places. Hell, I've even heard of people having 'secret locations' in other people's yards. I dunno, the convo just made me think of that.

I once swam in my neighbors pool when they were on vacation.

Of you are secure in your ability as a photographer (retail) then you should not be afraid to share.

You get the same thing among some anglers - "I can't tell you my secret spot."

You get the same thing among some anglers - "I can't tell you my secret spot."

A few lobstermen have gotten shot over fishing another man's spot.

runnah said:

This is true. Maine is pretty hood.

Shhhhhhsshhhh. Don't tell anyone where I shoot... lol

58014943.jpg

Ohhh wait, don't tell anyone where I was shot. Me with my wife and daughter.

Tony, I'm not sure where this was shot, but I do know one thing: there's a large needle like growth out of her head that she should probably get checked out ;).

shefjr said:
So then you must be wearin' yo neutral gang colors when you be out shootin' peeps.

Alwayz. Southern Maine is blue flannel, northern Maine is red flannel.

Like the wars between MD & VA over the Chesapeake Bay oyster beds.
Alwayz. Southern Maine is blue flannel, northern Maine is red flannel.
So I'll have to wear green or purple flannel the next time I'm up that way.

Always wear Blaze Orange if you want to appear neutral.

zomg

Liked: 1999 times

Most reactions

New Topics

Back