Verizon phones????

KVB1085

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently am using Verizon... i'm coming up on my "new ever two" and my actual contract ends in june or july....

anyways... i'd prefer to stay with them because most of my family and friends use it... so i never go over any minutes or anything...

They just don't have that great of phone selection though.....
heck i don't even think their plans are all that fair....

so i was wondering what most people out there like for phones for verizon???

i really dig the samsung sch-i760 it's pretty sick i think...

anyways, problem is.. the cheapest i can get that with my "new every two discount" is looking to be right around 250 normally the phone is like 450.........

that's pretty steep, but then again i really like the phone... BUT to get all of it's functionalities i have to purchase some sort of "data plan" which costs like 44 bucks a month... i'm already paying 60 a month.. i don't want a 100 dollar phone bill each month ya know???

things i want
qwerty key board, and regular # pad so that you can message either way...

music capabilities are a plus, but not a must...

don't need email, but would like to have internet access...

obviously text and pic messaging....

navigation for sure!!! (vz navigator rocks for real)

though i don't want a huge bulky phone... i kinda want something that doesn't feel like it's gonna break.. and actually has some weight to it...

oh and i don't want any of those buttons that you just can't feel at all.... like the razr....... i text without looking at my phone, if i can't feel the buttons who knows what i might say to someone....

anyways that pretty much somes it up...... and i know the samsung i mentioned has all that i want.....

anyone got any advice... or a hook up....

or reasons why i should switch to a diff company like att/bellsouth.... (that'd be the only other one i'd go to...)

also.... is it cheaper to buy online or at the store? looks like online has a 100 discount....

I'm not sure how much the monthly bill is on mine (It's through my company) but I'm loving the BlackBerry Pearl (8130) on Verizon. It's not the size of a big PDA like the earlier BlackBerry's - it looks like a regular phone. It has a qwerty keyboard, but most letters are two to a key. It does really well recognizing your words though, so that usually isn't a problem.

Oh..It has VZ Navigator as well. It really surprised me how well that works!

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/device-detail.jsp?navId=H0,C101,P625

When my contract is up i will be getting the Voyager. Soooo sweet!!! And, no affiliations to apple!!!

Yes, and VZ nav rocks!!!

I would go to AT&T, because of their phone selection and their plans are more reasonable. Rollover is nice too, not sure what Verizon offers as a comparison.

AT&T has the Blackjack 2, the iPhone, the Tilt, Blackberry Curve, Moto Q, (Although so does Verizon.) Verizon has the Voyager, the i760.

Just my .02, since you hinted you were willing to switch. ;)

Eric.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back