Verizon Wireless

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
A bit of a rant, a bit of looking for advice.

I have verizon wireless and have the "unlimited in-texting". 90% of the people I know have verizon. I text people who have different networks, but only when I absolutely need to.

I get a bill today telling me I have sent 900 messages to non-verizon customers and that I have an extra $80 on my bill.

Recenly getting a new phone, I think this is just a little problem carrying over my extras for my plan.

The guy can't find anything wrong with the bill or something. So he asks me

"Did you leave your phone unattended or lend it to someone"

Like someone sent 900 texts while I played soccer. Honestly.

The guy can't tell me who I sent these messages to or who sent them to me.

Then tries to offer me an upgrade, so I have unlimited texts to anyone, regardless of network.

"So you want me to pay you more so I'm not charge ridiculous fees when you screw up and can't tell me why or fix it?"

I've never had a phone conversation with a support line with more ackward pauses by a customer service rep.

Damn verizon.

Call the cancellation line... threaten to cancel your account unless they fix the problem.

It works more quickly than the other way -- especially if you spend a lot on your cell phones ;)

Ask to speak to a manager, and if that doesn't work ask to speak to THEIR mananger. It's your line, you have a right to know who the messages were sent to.

Tell them if the government can know who's calling you and what they're saying, you ought to be able to have the same access! :x

EBphotography said:
Tell them if the government can know who's calling you and what they're saying, you ought to be able to have the same access! :x

Haha, nice.

So I went through the entire list of a couple thousand texts and found they dropped my unlimited plan when I switched phones, something I tried to explain to the first two guys I talked to.

On the third call I explain the exact date the person who had activated my phone screwed up.

So when calling verizon you have a 25% chance of getting someone helpful.

That took too long

blah :)

Awww...glad it's resolved. I know talking to customer reps can really SUCK. (especially when you are forced to call AOL when they start charging you even though you never ordered thier service. :S )

Good to hear! didn't wanna call in GWB or the NSA in for help!

darin3200 said:
Haha, nice.
So when calling verizon you have a 25% chance of getting someone helpful.

:confused: I used to work for VZW as a customer serv. rep until this past March....gulp....I was always as knowledgeable as my training alowed me to be!

Hmmm I wasnt aware or "total" unlimited texting! I know that there is IN text and there is a cap of how many you can text generally until they start charging....is this unlimited texting new?

What I'm about to say may just be words to you but to some, it will be a huge shock. I used to absolutely hate Verizon wireless. I had quite a few dropped calls and the phone that I used to have was posessed (some may remember the outcome of that one) and every time I took it into service, they would just say that I needed to turn it off when I charged it.... which made no sense to me because I pay for 24 hour phone usage and should be able to leave it on. AAaaanyway, we upgraded to the all digital phones and get the extended service which fixed most every problem we used to have and the phone I got was acting up and they fixed it the first time quickly. I still complained to Alison but it was done really fast and they apologized. On to the text messaging, we got the unlimited TXT PIX and FLIX IN messaging and I think that we have used it more than they planned on but have never had a problem. I think we average sending over a hundred pictures back and forth a month to each other and have just started sending the videos as well. As for the text messaging, I think they just throw a number up there to look good because I'm betting on over a thousand easy...

Long story short and back to the subject... like Alison said, just push it up the ladder and someone, somewhere, in some office will do whatever it takes to make you happy. [/rant]

I have had Verizon for over ten years, without a problem.......until the last billing cycle. My bill was larger that it normally was, when I went in to question it, they said that it was because I renewed my contract when I changed my name ! I politely asked them why the F++K would I change my name after 48 years ? Anyhow, it was staightened out and they sent me a check for the difference and put everything back the way it was, with the name I have always had. Bottom line, someone fat fingered a key when they were doing whatever they do, and by the time they corrected it, it was already in billing.
As far as your text messages, the way I understand it is, they still ( Uncle Sam and the FCC ) tax the air time that you use even if you have unlimited texting or minutes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back