Veronica hiding

momo3boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know everyone is posting flowers but I took this one today and was pretty proud of it. (Let me know if I shouldn't be, and why) I know the focal point in almost dead center..but it just didn't work any other way!

showphoto.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I really like it. But who am I? Just a TPF noob (;
Too bad the focal point is pretty much dead center but it is still very nice, I really like the colours and the contrast.
I think that you can be proud of it.
cheers

Thanks, I noticed the brown stick after I posted it... I tried cropping it to make it off center but it just didn't look right. I never take pictures dead center but this one seemed to call for it.

obviously you were going for a framed shot of the subject... but the subject is so small overall, the photo loses interest. Try cropping to leave some of the grass framing the subject, but get rid of a lot of the dead space on the sides. Center is not always bad.. depending on how you shoot. Leave it centered... just crop it tighter. Or maybe a crop to put the flower off center on the left.. and frame it between the large vertical grass right next to the flower left.. and the other grass.. much farther right. I am in the field right now.. and lack the ability to edit images, or I would demo for you....

Here's a alternative. Not much you can do about that brown stick, but it does complement the flower in some unexpected way. By cropping out the stick's broken end, it is less distracting.

$034_edited-1.JPG

It would be very easy to clone out the brown stick in Photoshop...

Charlie's suggestions are dead on. The subject is so small, it's hard to see it at 1st. Jaemie's crop is pretty close to what it should be.

Its a pretty cropped option, but I was trying to get the perspective of small hiding flower surrounded by grass... They bloom all summer so I have plenty of chances to get it better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back