Veronica session

Not too bad for unmodified natural lighting...a tiny bit of fill-in flash or even better, a bit of reflector fill light would have helped. She's pretty, so people will overlook flaws in the photos more readily than if she were not so pretty. I think a tiny bit more top space above the head would help on most of your shots; one of the single biggest problems with most d-slr's is the 3:2 aspect ratio...the frame is so tall, or so skinny, depending on how one looks at it, that oftentimes it's difficult to get the look one wants without the top of the head coming very close to the top of the frame. A slightly more-squarish aspect ration, like 4:5 (AKA 8x10) or even 4:3, is much easier to work with on tall shots like these. I think you did a darned good job of selecting a nice, backlighted place with good natural plant materials for these types of photos,and you used the environment reasonably well. THe post processing look you used matches well with thus type of subject matter, and this type of lighting.

Last edited:
+1

Derrel's critique is word but as a newB may I again suggest some fill or reflected light on her, she's gorgeous but the pics are screamin' for it

I would've liked to see just a normal processed photo, certainly a photo or two like that is great but only in that light I think is too much. It also makes her hair look kind of frizzy. 2 is my favorite pose and look but a reflector or something might have helped it a bit. If you're not too far away it really isn't that hard to use the reflector while you're taking the picture.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and advices! :)

shootermcgavin: I have all of the pictures in two versions - with edited and non edited colours, I can post the unedited versions if you like :)

I'm thinking more shots with the sun not behind them which the post is great for the shots you did. Just a shot in the shade really showing her would have been my top one I think... With her face exposed properly I think it'd be great!

Most reactions

Back