Very Angry!

I really like the first one. The dark, ominous colors of the clouds really make the picture more dramatic and intense. Also, as the title suggests, the water just looks cold and angry. Nice work.

both good shots but that first one really lives up to the thread title

Thank you all for the comments, please feel free to make any suggestions on how they could be improved.

Krista

lostprophet said:
both good shots but that first one really lives up to the thread title

I feel that #2 does, with the water crashing against the rock ... but then #2 does not have the dark sky that #1 has, and that looks a lot angrier THERE, i.e. in #1. What weather ... it would make me stay inside, maybe working on folders of photos I took months ago and never got round to editing...

Nicely captured Krista. Both are great shots, but the second is my fave. That is some serious weather there.

rebelnotarget said:
Thank you all for the comments, please feel free to make any suggestions on how they could be improved.
I'd like to see a mermaid washed ashore. Or some other point to focus on. Imo, they're rather 'empty' now.

Thanks guys. There is alot of serious weather here, wait until winter.

Nice- but if you stay inside you may miss the drama and nature's raw emotion.

And so will we.

It is hard to pick a favorite out of these. I like the sky and curl of the wave in the first shot along with that nice rock in the foreground. The first to me is the moodier of the two photos.

After looking a while I have to say that the second is my favorite. I like the detail on the island and roughness of the ocean. I don't know about mermaids but it would have been cool to have someone on the break water simply for scale, it is hard to imagine that some of those rocks are the size of cars.

Awesome job. :thumbup:

the second is my favorite, for composition reasons i guess. There is just more going on in that shot, my eye flows better through the entire frame.

As for improvement suggestions... i'm not sure that I would have done any better and I like the second one as is.

On the first -

1. maybe the horizon is too close to center, not enough "rule of thirds"?
2. the rock is nice in the fg, but it seems a little soft/blurry to me, maybe sharpen it up some, or use a smaller aperature?
3. All the action is the shot is the waves breaking, but it feels like we are so far away from the action in that shot, seems too small to really have an impact. I think I remember commenting on similar shots you posted in another thread, but those were right-in-your-face action shots where it made you gasp to look at them.

again though, nice shots, love the moodiness.

edit - I'm also wondering what effect a longer shutter speed (w/ tripod) would result in with these waves crashing around. Something to consider besides freezing the action...

Most reactions

Back