Very confused :S

Pretty much ANY radio trigger will do what you want to do. But most of the time you have to connect the transmitter to your PC port so you either let it dangling or add velcro. The one I suggest has hotshoe slot on the top of the transmitter so you dont have to use a cable.

Yes.. What i suggested.

Sorry to keep hounding on this but this is like a third language to me and want to make sure I buy It right the first time. With these triggers does my flash have to say it does either a master or slave mode or will the trigger that up for it? I'm not worried about the super flash but the ST flash as I've heard it can't be used off camera. If it can be used on camera I'm ok with that but does it have to have master capability for the triggers to work? Any idea if these triggers are compatible with sigma flashes?

Yes, your sigma will have the same pins as canon (if it is for canon). You dont have to set the flash to master or slave. The only time you do that is when you use the built in infra red trigger.

You just made my day! I went to two camera store trying to find this info out and no one could help me thank you !

This is my problem please let me know if there is a solution you know of. I have two sigma flashes the ef 610 dg super and the ef 610 dg st. The super boast that it has master and slave capabilities the ST doesn't say any of that even though it came with a flash stand in the box.....I can optically trigger the super but its more limiting than I would like. What I want is one flash off camera with an umbrella or soft box on it at manual 1/16 power ( no ettl) then I want one to remain on my hotshoe on camera on ettl mode. I want to wirelessly be able to trigger them though not optically. Tell me if this is possible please?

ANY wireless trigger will do that... but maybe not with the Sigma's! I have read of some of the Sigma flashes not being compatible with wireless triggers for whatever reason. I will try to find the thread / page where I read that... and post it if I can.

I have the Sigma 610 super and I can confirm it will not work with wireless triggers. It will also not work on a non canon camera. It will not fire off a normal hotshot. It uses the outside pins and not the centre "normal" hotshot pin to fire.

I have the Sigma 610 super and I can confirm it will not work with wireless triggers. It will also not work on a non canon camera. It will not fire off a normal hotshot. It uses the outside pins and not the centre "normal" hotshot pin to fire.

What??!!! Ughhhhh this is devastating so how to you use it off camera?

Can I ask why you want to shoot ETTL on camera and manual off camera?

The off camera is backlighting and the on camera is ettl to illuminate faces but I will be moving around and I will be going to quickly in order for me to be able to manually change it

wow.. good to know. Seriously.. just go buy a cheap manual flash like Yongnuo. I trigger that no problem. I bet you only the flash that is off the camera will have that problem. The one sitting on the transmitter should retain it functions because all the transmitter does is pass the signal up.

Robin_Usagani said:
wow.. good to know. Seriously.. just go buy a cheap manual flash like Yongnuo. I trigger that no problem. I bet you only the flash that is off the camera will have that problem. The one sitting on the transmitter should retain it functions because all the transmitter does is pass the signal up.

The sigma 610 will not fire on camera if there is a transceiver between it and the camera. It works on camera very well, it works as an optical slave, but will not work with triggers in anyway that I found. The flash is not triggered by the centre pin but the pins on the outside.

Most reactions

Back