Very confused :S

Maybe thats why Sigma flashes are not selling well. I reallly dont understand why it wouldnt fire because I put my flash on the top of the camera like the transmitter isnt there.

Robin_Usagani said:
wow.. good to know. Seriously.. just go buy a cheap manual flash like Yongnuo. I trigger that no problem. I bet you only the flash that is off the camera will have that problem. The one sitting on the transmitter should retain it functions because all the transmitter does is pass the signal up.

The sigma 610 will not fire on camera if there is a transceiver between it and the camera. It works on camera very well, it works as an optical slave, but will not work with triggers in anyway that I found. The flash is not triggered by the centre pin but the pins on the outside.

Robin_Usagani said:
wow.. good to know. Seriously.. just go buy a cheap manual flash like Yongnuo. I trigger that no problem. I bet you only the flash that is off the camera will have that problem. The one sitting on the transmitter should retain it functions because all the transmitter does is pass the signal up.

The sigma 610 will not fire on camera if there is a transceiver between it and the camera. It works on camera very well, it works as an optical slave, but will not work with triggers in anyway that I found. The flash is not triggered by the centre pin but the pins on the outside.

So are you saying I'm put of options?

Which yongnuo do you used?

Any of the Yongnuo's will work fine with any wireless trigger.... Yongnuo even makes a good wireless trigger, the one I posted earlier.

But does that leave me sol with my sigmas?

There is always EBAY! Or you could donate them here to people without any flash at all! If you are shooting for money, buy decent equipment that will do what you need!

If you have access to another camera, that is not a canon eos, try to fire the flash off the hotshoe. If it fires it will work with triggers if it doesn't it won't. There maybe triggers that work with the sigmas but I haven't found which ones. The cheap yongous flashes are what I wished I had of bought instead.

Most reactions

Back