Very first HDR

TTPeter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
dont bash me, my first stab at it, and i can tell ya iam not 100% happy with it, but i thought id share

enjoy, please tell me wat i can do in the future to get better ones this was a 6 pic hdr

hdr2.jpg

heres a b/w one i think it looks neat also

hdr2wb.jpg

Peter

I still don't quite understand what HDR stands for, other than that you apparently to a bracket series of shots that you later put on top of each other in layers, which brings out deeper or more intense colours and clarity and whatnot ... I would not be able to tell this one's an HDR according to what I think it is, though... it is fairly dark. But then you were up early for this one, weren't you? It is before sunrise (or after sunset?) and was dark and I do see that the meadow in the foreground is green and has some light and I would guess that this is the HDR effect you get out of the photo: to have a nicely exposed sky and also a recognisable meadow? Is this so?

And with a sky this nicely coloured, I love the colour version.

thanks ,

this was sunset, so i didnt have to wake up early but hell misquitos gave me hell, haha, i was on my way to another place but i wouldnt hae time to get there and i saw this barn and stopped, iam not happy with the focus of the barn i wish i could of used a lower apature but i have some bad dust bunnys and u can see them

I would like to know just what everyone conciders HDR here too. I work in CG graphics, and HDRI means something else to me... High Dynamic Range Image. We use photos that have a greater range of lights and darks than can be shown on a picture, ie the light areas in a HDR image are actually used to emit light to the environment and the dark areas are not lit untill their light value lower than the divice range is filled, thus it can be used to light a virtual scene. If you are making a picture that will be viewed on a screen or a bit of paper you are limited to the divice dynamics, ie pure white is only pure white and can not emit light or be brighter than white, in the same way black is only ever black. So i would have thought that a HDR image on screen is not really a HDR image but a CDR, compressed dynamic range, something like A Adams zone ranges. I would also be interested to hear what settings people use in their layers for these cHDR images?

tim

Most reactions

Back