Very first photo you've taken

Webestang, I love that you still have the camera! :)
Thanks.
I used it till X-Mas of 1980 when I got my K1000. I remember my Pop asking if I wanted to sell it in a garage sale and I said "No Way!"......it's the camera that started it all for me in photography and it's been a crazy ride ever since.....LOL

I still have all of the "main" cameras I ever had, except for an Olympus OM-10 I got for high school graduation. Not sure where that one went but it was a giant lemon anyway; it spent more time in the shop than it spent taking pictures. I do still have my grandfather's Brownie, which is what got me started in photography, my Pentax K1000, an old Kodak disc camera, a couple of Kodak instamatics and on and on. Oh, and an old Argus brick that I mostly played around with in the late 70s. I kinda wish I did still have that old, sucky Olympus, just to make my collection complete!

I didn't like photography at all when i was young, because all my pictures were blurry. in September last year i got into photographing my hamster and i wanted to know how to get sharp pictures :lol:, and it all kind of started from this picture for me and i started taking photography seriously:

$PIC_5656.JPG

Attachments

• $PIC_5654.JPG
    $PIC_5654.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 92
huh. no idea what happened to it. I think the first fourty thousand or so I took was of my naked girlfriends in my younger years so chances are that was probably my first photo too.

I'm surprised your career path didn't lead else where haha ;)

Thats a pretty sweet photo. Very nice bokeh circles in the background.

Hehe. I think the oldest photo that I "composed" would have been when I was about 8-10. My cousin and I were playing dress up, we hung an old sheet from the closet door as a backdrop, and it was taken with a disposable camera. The backdrop was a beautiful pastel patchwork sheet. It went lovely with our brides dress and white sheet "veil" I would post it, but my cousin might kill me. ;-)

I'm surprised your career path didn't lead else where haha ;)
it wouldn't have lasted anyway. Raised in the church. No matter how deviant you become the natural inclination is to re-correct as you get older..

Not only do I have the very first photo I took:

FirstPhoto.jpg

But I have the one image that also I credit with sparking my interest in the craft:

FirstPhotoSpark.jpg

Glacier Nat'l Park, 1976

Oh man, I'm sure my first photo is loooong gone. Would have been taken with 110 around 1990, 1991 or so. This is probably the first photo I ever took with a halfways decent camera-the Panasonic Lumix superzoom I just converted to IR. Still works, sorta.

HolyCrap.jpg

Yes, that's my wife. That shot was taken about 8 ish years ago, I wanna say.

This is not the first photo I have taken. And I don't know what the first is. But this is the first photo that made me realize I need to take photography more seriously if I want to capture everything the way I see it. I have booked my ticket to Shanghai for March 2015. I will shoot this scene again and I will not settle for anything less than stellar.

DSCF0056.JPG

This is one of my first that helped me realize what I really wanted to do. It was shot with some Nikon point and shoot - I forget what. Not a good picture by any stretch but - it drew me in.

$470293_1756832679291_1897286760_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back