Very first Professional Pet Portrait

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't know people payed for this kind of thing, but it seems to be a popular request! Here's my very first professional pet portrait. C/C welcome.

jackie_preview.jpg

Way to go! WOW! This is good.
It seems a bit dark at first sight, but upon closer inspection I am realising that a brigher photo would have blown out the wite patches of his coat, mostly so that on one his head ... but can't you select the eyes and give them a tad more highlights? Maybe?

,,,but can't you select the eyes and give them a tad more highlights? Maybe?

I'd agree with this.

Cute dog! Was it well behaved?

Congratulations. It use to be a secret, but now you've gone and told the world that there is money in dog photography.

:D

Cute dog. I agree about the face though... you need a kicker light down low to open up the shadows in face along the muzzle and the ears. Also, dogs come in two flavors... some have fur and some have hair. Both reflect light a bit different. A lot of times a side light helps bring out the detail and texture of the dog.

Nice job though. Just be glad it wasn't a long haired black dog. That's what I learned on when I started shooting dogs and it's got to be the hardest to learn to light. :D

Mike

Just be glad it wasn't a long haired black dog. That's what I learned on when I started shooting dogs and it's got to be the hardest to learn to light. :D

Mike

Yep - I have a long haired black cat and he's just terrible to get a good shot of.

Its crazy how much people pay to get pictures of their animals.

But i think you did well. I agree with the highlight thòught.

Animals are tough. I know my little mutt is.

Most reactions

Back