Very little ballet dancers - 2 - Louisa

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Louisa is a very quiet girl and it was not easy to get her with a smiling, open, extrovert expression. But like Fiona, also Louisa still has the proportions of a baby, really, but - she is in ballet school already :D.

014.jpg

Concentrating on the song and her tasks in the jumpingjack game

025.jpg

Doing the little steps for the jumpingjack game

037.jpg

Listening to instructions for a game where they had to sidestep through the gym for the far end to the mirrors and back

029.jpg

With Liv, getting ready for sidestepping through the gym

045.jpg

Picking things off the "tree" for the "soup" (stretching)

052.jpg

And a close-up during the "soup-game"

078.jpg

"Bye-bye, teacher!"

Now on to the pics of Liv...

Love #5 of this series, the lighting looks more natural here and her expression is great. Louisa reminds me a bit of my Evelyn, very serious unless she knows you well ;)

cute girls!!

i'm guessing it was pretty dark in there . . . dang if only it had been a little lighter!

I just love your series. Our young daughter (in the Avatar) is also takes dance lessons on Saturdays and parents are encouraged to attend and take photos. However flash tends to distract the kids, that is where a fast 85mm 1.4 really shines. A newer zoom with the motor in the lens also helps in keeping up with the action.

Pat

The "natural" light, Alison, which looks as if the sun was shining in through the window, is actually the light from that halogen work lamp that I brought.

It helped a lot in giving the hair of those girls a glow (using my on-camera flash to fill in the shadows in their faces) who I must not show you. Grrr. I would have loved to show you those face-shots of the other girls. They were ALSO so cute.

Yes, in 5 she for once has a hint of a smile and an open face, but truth is that 5 is a tad blurred. Not so much that the parents won't order the print (they will :biggrin: ) but ... I found that out when the pic loaded onto the computer. Much to my dismay.

I feel that Photo 3 reveals quite a bit of Louisa's character.
But then I also like the open look from that far below she gives the teacher upon saying the formal bye-bye ;).

Picture nunber 3 is the best for me!
You just have to put it in ps and play a little bit with light and colors...
I think it looks good in b/w!!!

Something like this, Sebastian?

037abw.jpg

The parents have already ordered the photos as they saw them (wrong white balance and all) - they never see their little girls in class, only when they were brandnew and still a bit timid could the mommies sit in the corner and watch, but after that ... So they are over the moon with the pics. Few see things such as wrong white balance and all, and take the light situation in that room as "normal". Oh well... I could have gone somewhat more "artistic", but I was sure it would not be honoured.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back