Very much a beginner - any easy way to learn?

TwoPinkFaireez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, I'm Erin!!

I'm very new to photography, and would really love to learn all the aspects about using all the features.

Does anyone know any websites or anything where I can learn easily? Explanations and details are simply explained etc.... I get confused easily lol

One of the best things I would recommend a new photographer do is maybe take an online course. A few of us here did the course over at Proudphotography.com ... the price is very reasonable, its setup nicely and explained easily.

Of course you could also purchase a few books (Understanding Exposure is a must, IMHO), or you could do it the little bit longer way... and thats reading all the info here... there are tens of thousands of posts, many would not help you... but many would.

Thanks for the info :D i'll definately be having a hunt around here... I'd love to understand appeture, and how to acheive certain features and looks in a photo.... it's just so confusing sometimes and I need it simplified lol

I'm hoping to do a photography course eventually..... but with 2 kids and one due in 4 weeks it could be a while lol

I second buying Understanding Exposure, it really will give you an idea what each setting does, and how to get the results you want.

ill third the understand exposure book. every major book store carries it.

Thanks guys!!

I've sourced the book in eBay, so will hopefully get it soon!

I found the Photography Bible very helpful. Try to spend a lot of time on this forum and others and you'll be up to speed in no time.

Yep, I don't think you'll be disappointed with Understanding Exposure.

Book - Understanding Exposure, as has been stated already.

Internet - here's 2 that I found when I first got a manual camera

Digicam Help

Shortcourses

The 2nd link I found as a huge resource and help.

Good luck

Thanks for the links :D I'm off to check a few out soon!

Most reactions

Back