Very New - Quick Question.

jdhen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm quite new in terms of editing photos and thought I'd sign up here so I could learn a little more.

I work for a growing accessories line - in turn, our desire for "stylish" photos is increasing. Previously, a photo highlighting the product was typically sufficient - but as the business grows we're determined to add a "vibe" to some of our photos.

We have a bridal line, and it would be great if the photos of those products would reflect that mood.

J Crew has a fantastically colored set of bridal photos. Please realize I'm not asking for someone to tell me "click this, and that will happen". I realize this is most likely done via some advanced lighting technique, but I'm looking for someone to put me on track so I can start learning the correct techniques.

I've attached the photo below, any advice/instruction/information is much appreciated.

img716.imageshack.us/img716/7180/jcrewp.jpg

That effect has been all the rage for some time now and 10's of thousands of portrait photographers are copying it.

It is done post process using a Curves adjustment.

In the case of the example you linked to a slight blue cast has been added along with a contrast reduction.

It's often termed a 'vintage' look.

Last edited:
That's just a cyan cast in the image you linked to. Note the RGB
values. low red => high cyan.

cast2.gif

Assuming you have Photoshop, open a curves adjustment
layer and reposition the curve in the red channel about like this:

cyancast.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back