Very old photos

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These two pics are from about circa 1900 in the Bracebridge ON CA area. They have a silver metallic look to them.

Eva Bastedo.jpg

Eva Bastedo written on back.

South Falls, Bracebridge.jpg

South Falls, Bracebridge written on lower right.

I saved these as well as much others that lay about the ground after they had been tossed out the windows for the garbage. Remaining contents of the house were later auctioned off. That house is now a museum, Woodchester Villa.

Woodchester Villa

My wife & I often visited this house when occupied by the last members of the family to do so. I would also stay there when on business when in the area. It is a terrible shame the original contents did not stay with the house & that I was not into photography to record it.

Very nice. Quick Google search found an Eva Bastedo, daughter of David E Bastedo and Elizabeth Ann Oaten. Part of the McMicking family.

I would love a photo like this of my ancestors.

DESCENDANTS ELIZABETH BASTEDO -
McMicking Family Website
Eva Bastedo

Cool link. I had found her in Canadian census as living in Northern Ontario. I guess Bracebridge @ the time was just part of the North. The DOB was the same as in your link.

BTW, years later, my friend took back most of the rescued pictures & was grateful I had saved them.

that first one is gorgeous.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back