Very, very new!

Spiral

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. I'm Jana, I'm not only new to this forum, but also new to photography itself. I've been told by a few people that I have natural talent with a camera.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I am looking forward to learning all there is to know. I'm interested in taking online classes and also looking forward to having help from all of you pros and hobby-ists alike!

If someone could point me in the right direction...I'm looking for pros and cons about the New York Institute of Photagraphy VS. The Photography Institue. Is there a forum associated with education?

Thanks in Advance! I'm glad to be here!

hay!

Everyone starts somewhere!
I'm interested in knowing what camera you're using- Do you have an SLR or Compact camera?

I don't know about online photography courses, I've never taken them and they almost seem like their too much money. You might want to pick up Bryan Peterson's book "Understanding Exposure" before you give alot of money to these online photography courses. This book is probably availbale locally, and explains in common english what everything is on your camera. If you read through it, you'll know more about a camera than most people!

I would suggest starting there, then reconsidering.

Hey! Welcome to our humble forum!

For a start, I would suggest PM'ing Big Mike, he's a mod on this forum and also in my view one of the most knowledgeable posters on this forum. I also got into photography by being told I had 'natural talent'. In my view, if you like it, do it!:D

Phil,

hay!

Everyone starts somewhere!
I'm interested in knowing what camera you're using- Do you have an SLR or Compact camera?

I don't know about online photography courses, I've never taken them and they almost seem like their too much money. You might want to pick up Bryan Peterson's book "Understanding Exposure" before you give alot of money to these online photography courses. This book is probably availbale locally, and explains in common english what everything is on your camera. If you read through it, you'll know more about a camera than most people!

I would suggest starting there, then reconsidering.
Thanks for Replying!
I'm using a Kodak Easyshare Z740...I'm in the market for a new dSLR. I'm just doing some comparison shopping. Any words of advise on a camera? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

You may want to look into the tutorial thread. I've been reading there and it's been a great resource. There are also some thread links in there about choosing a camera, and what is right for your wants and needs. Good luck I'm new to this as well.

-TAG

Jana

I would like to say that if you are as interested in photography as you say you are, you should look into the Open Photography Forums website instead of the The Photo Forum - as it is more professional, helpful, and friendlier.

:confused: ?? What the heck?? We are not friendly and helpful enough??

Jana, welcome to TPF and let me just extend to you an invitation to look around in our Forum. It will ultimately be your decision, whether to stay or not (join other forums) but you be the judge of that, don't let anyone influence you before you give it a try.

And to you, Alex92, hey, go ahead and move on, if we're not good enough for you. Sorry about that, mate!

The world won't be the same without you... (j/k) :lol:

:confused: ?? What the heck?? We are not friendly and helpful enough??

Jana, welcome to TPF and let me just extend to you an invitation to look around in our Forum. It will ultimately be your decision, whether to stay or not (join other forums) but you be the judge of that, don't let anyone influence you before you give it a try.

And to you, Alex92, hey, go ahead and move on, if we're not good enough for you. Sorry about that, mate!

The world won't be the same without you... (j/k) :lol:

I didn't even feel the need to look at that other site! I've been lurking around here for a while now. I find everyone to be quite nice and honest, which is what I think is important, and very helpful. I think I will stay! THank you very much.

BTW...I purchased my first dSLR camera yesterday and I can't wait for it to arrive! I got the Canon EOS Rebel Xsi. It is also arriving with 4 lenses and 3 memory cards, filters, lense cleaners, tripods, and storage things! I can't wait to point it at someone! :lmao:

I didn't even feel the need to look at that other site! I've been lurking around here for a while now. I find everyone to be quite nice and honest, which is what I think is important, and very helpful. I think I will stay! THank you very much.

BTW...I purchased my first dSLR camera yesterday and I can't wait for it to arrive! I got the Canon EOS Rebel Xsi. It is also arriving with 4 lenses and 3 memory cards, filters, lense cleaners, tripods, and storage things! I can't wait to point it at someone! :lmao:

Congrats on the Canon! It's a great lil' camera and you're going to love it. If you have any questions about it or any other subjects, ask away!

Congrats on the Canon! It's a great lil' camera and you're going to love it. If you have any questions about it or any other subjects, ask away!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. And, I'll probably take you up on that!
:flower:

Just curious, what are the four lenses you got with it?

These are the lenses I got:

Canon 28-90mm F4-5.6 III AF Lens
Canon EF 75-300 F/4.0-5.6 III Lens
Titanium .45x Wide Angle Lens
Titanium 2X Telephoto Lens

I found a package on ebay that sold all of it together. It came with a bunch of other things.

I just bought the same camera with different lenses than the ones you have listed, and a I'm still hunting on tripods and other equipment. From everything I've read we should be quite happy with our new purchases.

-TAG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back