Vh1 The Shot

simplekym

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, is anyone else disappointed that The Shot on Vh1 is not returning for a second season?

I know - I'm such a nerd. Not only do I love the occasional reality tv drama but I love photography . . . . put the two together and what do you get - glorious entertainment.

I was on the verge of obsession with every single episode. Every Sunday I sat on the floor inches from my television screen waiting for Russell James to throw another task at the contestants. It was so interesting to see other photographers' perspective on photography and the industry. Each new challenge [episode] brought the unknown. There were crazy styles, boring styles, radical styles, comfortable styles . . . . it was all inspiring.

There was something about watching others being pushed to their limits to be the best photographer they could be. It made me realize that I have so much more potential. If you haven't already been to The Shot Spot website - take a gander. Its much like this forum minus the actual forum. You can create a profile and share images and photos. You can also comment and rate other photographers and their work. I don't know the website off hand - its something like theshotspot.com . . . . .

So with all of this being said . . . . .
I for one loved the show. I'm totally bummed its not returning.
Am I the only one out there who thinks The Shot should return?
I say we beg Vh1 to cast for it again!

All in good fun - SimpleKym.

I hated it. I found it insultingly stupid when it came to photography. It wasn't about photography. It was about getting people to fight and sleep with each other, like the hundreds of other reality TV shows.

did you ever watch the show? no one ever tried to sleep with anyone else.
actually there was never the typical reality drama.

you never throught, "what would i do with this challenege?" you never saw the models or location and think, "man, i would do this" or "i would do that"?

hmmm. . . . i guess i'm alone.

Last edited:
Well of course it was dumbed down. How much of the American tv watching population really cares to learn the tech stuff about cameras? I didn't learn anything really, but I agree with the OP, it was nice to see and hear people's takes on photography. It's also nice to see a show that actually goes on the sets of photoshoots and lets you see how it's going down.

LOL... we can truncate your sentence in order to form a more truthful and accurate meaning:

Well of course it was dumbed down. How much of the American tv watching population really cares to learn the tech stuff about cameras? I didn't learn anything really, but I agree with the OP, it was nice to see and hear people's takes on photography. It's also nice to see a show that actually goes on the sets of photoshoots and lets you see how it's going down.

How much of the American tv watching population really cares to learn.

And of course the answer is 0% or they are soon no longer part of the "TV watching population". :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back