Vicki H

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another Facebook profile shot - I seem to get a lot of these bookings ( studio) using 2 x Lencarta studio strobes- wireless trigger - Sony a7Riv and Sony 70-200mm f2.8 G lens

BV0oloZ.jpg

Les :)

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The shot looks good but her expression - a little apprehension?

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The pose looks really forced. If I were her I wouldn't want to use that photo for my Facebook profile. Technically the photograph is ok.

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I suppose if she's happy with it then job done. I find it a pleasant enough photograph.

OP
Lez325

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The shot looks good but her expression - a little apprehension?
She was a very nervous subject - I had little control over her emotions, sorry :)
The pose looks really forced. If I were her I wouldn't want to use that photo for my Facebook profile. Technically the photograph is ok.
Thank you as above I had no control over that part :)
I suppose if she's happy with it then job done. I find it a pleasant enough photograph.
She was happy enough- I got paid - good result :) :)

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Hi Lez, I took the image into Portrait Pro (just as a personal challenge as you don't permit editing) and was able to soften the expression just a little to take it out of the "Does that thing shoot real bullets?" league. I narrowed her eyes by a tiny fraction, softened the expression in the mouth and lips and then took it into my trusty old Photoshop CS6. In CS6 I cloned out the 2nd catchlight (lower left) in each eye and I think it worked. I didn't mess with anything else because, as others have said, you got the photography end absolutely spot on. I won't share without specific permission but it's doable and took about 10 to 15 minutes max.
I understand about difficult clients. I had one similar who still stands out in my memory. A pretty young lady but despite my best efforts I could not get her to relax.

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great lighting and processing. I like the expression, but as others have indicated there's a slight disconnect in the pose. I'm assuming the arm position with the tattoo held some significance for her, but the body and arm positioning as a whole appear forced. IMO bringing the left arm up and across the body under the right slightly hugging herself, letting the left shoulder drop some, would appear more natural.

OP
Lez325

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's a nice shot. Wow! Ppl really paying for FB profile pix... that's good for you, though, so rock on!
Most think they are v[potentially Models- who am I to squash their Dreams mate - Not this lady though- I actually ended up shooting her Wedding too

Les :)

Most reactions

New Topics