Video every newbie wanting to start a photo business should watch.

This is great. As a musician, I can relate to this, and as someone who's only just started in photography, I find it very encouraging.

I'm not listening to some guy with a pie in a dog dish! lol (well that's what it looks like...)

Oh, it's a cheesecake. (edit - with a lot of blueberry goop on it, and if you're going to do a demo with one maybe have a pie server handy. Or a spatula or something. lol)

Obviously I started watching it. Good example at the beginning but the first Q&A, I agree we're always learning, but that doesn't mean you never learn photography. It's more what does someone want to learn? How to take good pictures of their family and vacation trips? sports? wildlife? whatever it is, at some point you become proficient at it, but that doesn't mean you know everything there is to know.

He did make some good points about it taking some learning and practice to learn photography. But doesn't anyone just get into it because they like it? because they want to keep learning and enjoy using a camera and can't imagine not taking pictures?

Where's the bacon?

It's not an official TPF video without bacon.

FAIL!

Where's the bacon?

It's not an official TPF video without bacon.

FAIL!
Here you go.
Bacon-Magic-Disposable-Camera.jpg

In case you get hungry.
Giant-Pile-of-Bacon.jpg

I remember when I figured out the exposure triangle well enough to shoot in manual. I figured I knew everything about photography at that point. Except maybe off-camera flash....

So then I started studying off-camera flash. That's when I realized I didn't even understand natural light...or light at all.

So then I started studying light. And that's when I realized I didn't understand the exposure triangle after all...

Now I just accept that I don't really know anything. But that's okay. I like taking pictures anyway.

Now I just accept that I don't really know anything. But that's okay. I like taking pictures anyway.
:1247: That's OK. All this guy is saying is, that learning photography is a lifetime experience. Even now, when using powerful computers to generate "photography", there is not really any "formula" for taking good pictures. Well, we can discuss the definition of "good", but this may take us another lifetime.
What will be interesting is WHO first will include in camera menu settings for wedding. Nikon or Canon ? There are settings for landscape or portrait or sport or kids, food, pets etc. Why there is nothing for wedding ? First maker of such a setting will be a big winner.

Most reactions

Back