video for my brother

BGeise

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am looking to do a 30th birthday video for my late brother and my family that will include various pictures and whatever video footage I can scrape up of him. Does anyone have any good suggestions of editing software or maybe some creative ideas that will help my project out. He was an awesome brother and I want to do this right for him. Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Premiere Elements is a stable program for a good price. Will your project be HD or SD? Burning a DVD? If so, then I recommend the project be Widescreen SD. The WS DVD will uprez nicely on an HD TV. For 4x3 old video, I place on track 2 with track 1 a copy upscaled, blurred and lower opacity to fill in the sides. Or you could use a color matte or leave black. Determine your project size first and then resize the photos slightly larger to allow for pans/zooms.

Keep in mind that SD video cannot be upsized to HD size.

I've made many growing up montages and a through the years for an anniversary. Chronological order usually works best. You could add titles or graphics that would relate to your brother.

How long of a presentation? It may be good to divide the material into sections...early years, school years, etc. Place the media into separate folders.

Interviews with family members telling a fond remembrance would be a nice touch. You could cut away to an old photo that relates to their story. That breaks up the talking head segments.

Good luck with the project! Glad to help with any questions. I'll check back here, but welcome to send me a pm. I am not on the forum often.

Last edited:
Thank you. I just hope I can get it all done in time

Cory's 30th Birthday:

Well here is my finished product. If anyone wants to watch it. I think it turned out pretty well given what I had and my knowledge of video editing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job for your first project! That was a lot of material to gather, scan & put together in a short time. I liked the school photos popping in starting at 2:42. I also liked that the transitions were kept at a minimum. Sometimes too many transitions or too many types of transitions take away from the slideshow. Thanks for your brother's service.

Great job for your first project! That was a lot of material to gather, scan & put together in a short time. I liked the school photos popping in starting at 2:42. I also liked that the transitions were kept at a minimum. Sometimes too many transitions or too many types of transitions take away from the slideshow. Thanks for your brother's service.

Thank you for the feedback

Cory's 30th Birthday:

Well here is my finished product. If anyone wants to watch it. I think it turned out pretty well given what I had and my knowledge of video editing.

Great and i think you have proved your skills in your work too..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back