Video/Graphics Card for Computer

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, what is a good video/grahics card for a Win XP computer. I'm looking for a high end quality card. I'm getting a LaCie 22" Electron Blue IV CRT and want a good card to go with it.

What do you folks know or would suggest? I really know nothing about them.

Try this guy's site:

http://www.3dgameman.com

he is very informative, and it is easier to assimilate for most people.

It all depends on the rest of your setup though.

What sort of motherboard? CPU? Memory? All sorts of geeky stuff like that.

If you want to drop a lot of money, Matrox makes very good 2d video cards for graphic design and photographic applications. Some of them can cost as much as $800 though, for a 128mb card.

airgunr said:
Ok, what is a good video/grahics card for a Win XP computer. I'm looking for a high end quality card. I'm getting a LaCie 22" Electron Blue IV CRT and want a good card to go with it.

What do you folks know or would suggest? I really know nothing about them.

This does not answer your question, probably only throws a spanner in the works, however;

I have just invested in a "ViewSonic VX912 TFT 19 ins" the resolution is exellent, far superior to the 19ins CTR that it replaces.

They come from 'ViewSonic Corp 381, Brea Canyon Road, Walnut,CA,91789,USA.
To get the best results you will need a graphics card with a DVI outlet

Regard Rod

Rod,

Already got the LaCie monitor. Man it's a great monitor! I'm getting close to a card selected for it now. I'm looking at the Radeon, Matrox and ATI. It's kind of hard to compare. I've not found a good place that lists the specs for them in a easily viewable fasion. I usually just find a list of cards that you have to click on each one. check the spec, go back, repeat process, etc. Takes a lot of time......

i bought the BFG gForce 6800 GT. it smokes everything i do...

i love it for gaming, photoshop, and just general viewing. you can do customized preferences with it as well. its on the pricey side at around 400$.

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back