video light

I'd probably go for something that used AA batteries rather than a built-in lithium.

I'm not a big fan of on-camera lighting. For $280, you could get some great lighting to light up your scene.

-Ken Turner

I'm not a big fan of on-camera lighting. For $280, you could get some great lighting to light up your scene.

-Ken Turner

Which setup are you referring to? I'm not doubting it exists, I'm actually looking for something like this.

Last edited:
If it is just home movies I opted out for a ringflash that can be left on all the time. on the end of the lens. It has 32 led bulbs and is adjustable as far as the light power. It has 7 levels of brightness. But as stated above the 280 on off camera lighting is always the best option. My ring flash was only 49.99 on ebay made by polaroid. Name brands are very high, if your budgeting....

Constant lighting is needed for doing video.

No doubt the Manfrotto light would help. Does your T4i have a place to plug in the sync cord so you can use the light in strobed light (flash) mode?

670 Lux at 3 ft, becomes only 167.5 Lux at 6 feet, and only 42 Lux at 9 feet, because of the Inverse Square law.

Plus there is a difference in the 'look' of led over traditional video lights, particularly those that use a fresnel lens in front of the light source.

FWIW - foot-candles x 10.76 = Lux

So Lux divided by 10.76 = foot-candles. 670 Lux = 63 foot-candles.

Most reactions

Back