video settings in low light basement.

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so what settings would you use. i was at 1.8 1/35 with the lens set to 18mm and i think the iso was around 800

did not turn out as good as i had hoped. and it looked like it missed focus a bit. i set up the camera, focused on the back wall and hit record and did my thing. maybe its not the focus but its not as clear and crisp as i was hoping for when viewed full screen.

here is the video so you can see how it turned out.. could look better IMO

Well for starters. You need multiple angles and different compositions in a video to keep a viewers attention.

Zoom in close when your speaking. Zoom out when doing a exercise. (Hard to do by yourself).

As for the settings, its all about lighting. It looks like you're just using the ambient light. If you want to really step your game up, go buy some shop lights and kill all the ambient or just dim it.

Thanks, I have some work lights but they don't help much. Just want to get the best video quality I can with what I am working with. I have seen some nice videos others have made in very lousy light come out of this lens. So I figure I was doing something wrong.

I am Not too worried about competition or any of that since I do not have a camera man.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I've done a couple videos, and I am by far no video person. I find when you fill the frame more with whatever you're shooting, its better. Just my advice.

What I mean by that, when you're talking and using such a wide angle, it makes the viewer feel distant from you. Sometimes thats good, but I don't think when you're offering advice or anything like that. So by filling the frame, getting closer, it draws the viewer in.

What I mean by that, when you're talking and using such a wide angle, it makes the viewer feel distant from you. Sometimes thats good, but I don't think when you're offering advice or anything like that. So by filling the frame, getting closer, it draws the viewer in.

You are correct, i have tried to zoom in more in the past and i find i move a bit and my head is cut off or something like that. does not work out so well, if i were to stand in one spot and not move at all it would probably work out. wide angle will need to work i guess.

i dont know much about video my self on a DSLR, no one really seems to have anything so i guess ill just have to play with it and see if i can get any better. ill try lower ISO next time. i think the highlights were a little blown out any ways so it could be a bit darker. the video i took outdoors on a cloudy day with my 150-600mm lens sure turned out nice and clear, hopefully i can get it look like that. on my phone or if the video is not full screen on my computer monitor it looks good. full screen on my computer monitor and the image looks kind of pixelated or something, not sure what the right word is for what i see..

i just found a video on youtube saying shutter speed shoud be double your frame rate. so if you are shooting video at 30FPS you should have 1/60 on the shuter speed, if you are doing 60FPS than 1/120 that will give you the same motion blur that you would see in a hollywood film..

if you set the shutter speed higher it will have less motion blur but create a jumpy jagid look to the video, it does not say what you get if you go with less than double the frame rate which i had. i guess ill give that a try next time

Most reactions

New Topics

Back