View finder question

richnmib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This might be an off the wall question but I have not seen it addressed before. How does wearing glasses affect looking through the view finder? I never really gave it much thought before when using my Pentax Optio, I just looked at the screen on the back and that was it. Now that I am getting a DSLR I wonder about that. Thanks.

Works just fine. The eye relief on most camera viewfinder eyepieces I know of have enough eye relief to accommodate eyeglasses. You might have to move your eye to see the top and bottom displays but that's about it. If you prefer to sight without your eyeglasses most modern camera viewfinders will have some means of adjusting the diopter of the viewfinder eyepiece.

What Patrice said. I wear glasses and have no problems. Just adjust the diopter until everything looks clear and you're good to go.

When Scott says everything, he really means when the information display and focus point indicators look sharply in focus. You don't need a lens mounted to adjust the viewfinder diopter.

When Scott says everything, he really means when the information display and focus point indicators look sharply in focus. You don't need a lens mounted to adjust the viewfinder diopter.

Correct. My bad, thanks Keith.

Yep a bit of pain with just reading glasses. As adjust the diopter for normal world around me vision. But have to slip the reading glasses on to preview or histogram or to read a setting on the lcd. So always have my reading glasses hanging around my neck. Now if they could just invent a diopter setting for lcd i'd be set ;)

I went to my local Air Force Base and picked up my D5100 and I was pleased that my glasses were not an issue.

I use my camera with sunglasses often. No problem.

Rich, Did the AFB offer other Nikons? i.e. D600/D800

They had the D3100, D5100, D7000 and I think the D3200 at the store, but I did see the D800 and the D4 online.

Most reactions

Back