view NX displays nef files capture nx2 does not

bchbum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Aloha,

Win 8.1 Pro, from D5100 I can use "Transfer" within View NX 2.9.2 to offload camera, and can view/manipulate both jpg and nef versions of photos. When I browse to the same folder in Capture NX2 - 2.2.1, I see thumbnails of jpgs, but only an icon for the nefs. Also, "Transfer" is greyed out in Capture NX, forcing me to use View NX...very annoying.

When I "check for updates" within both programs, it says I am up to date, however the Capture NX2 appears to have newer versions available elsewhere...??

Now I see that NX2 will no longer be supported sometime this summer? I'm thinking I just threw away some perfectly good money...or did I miss something?

Capture NX2 2.2.1 is a very old version (pre 2010), probably before the D5100 was released. The current version is 2.4.7 and can be downloaded Here. You should be able to update 2.2.1 to 2.4.7 by installing the update over the top of the old version, but I don't know that for certain. I do know that I updated from 2.2.4 late last year and it worked fine.

Mahalo! That did clear up both issues. I guess for whatever reason the "new" CD I bought through Amazon must have been on the shelf a long time.

Most reactions

Back