View of Town- 4 pics

NMLeakway

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
from a field that is part of an old abandoned farm.

farm5.jpg

farm4.jpg

farm3.jpg

farm2.jpg

thanks for looking!

I think that I like the first and the second one the most. I more prefer the vertical photos more than the horizontal crop. The clouds are very intense. What town is this? It gives off a very erie and creepy feel. It could just be the clouds and the black and white. But I very much enjoy them. What were the stats on the pictures? Film or Digital? And if it was film, was it taken with b&w film or changed in photoshop?

I'm more just interested in how you got the effect that you did with the clouds without making the foreground to dark.

Very wonderful work...

-Fiona

yeah, those skies are great, i like #1 and #3... nice shots! :thumbup:

I love the first shot very much so! I like how its almost split on half, the gras then the houses and sky. great!:mrgreen:

nice skies. love 1 and the whispy grass in 2 and 3 :thumbup:

thank you very much everybody.
Fiona, these were taken with my Nikon D70, so they are digital. However, I think I'm going to go back and reshoot them in film (i prefer film). I got the effect with the clouds by just basically playing with different exposures. I guess part of it can be attributed to luck as well because the clouds were so brilliant that day.

Im sure you can use the burn tool in PS to achieve the same effect as well.

Thanks again :)

Wonderful I think I would love to go out and try it. I would love to see if the pictures you take with film turn out any better or not.

Again, great work.

-Fiona

Very cool shots Nate. Really diggin that first one though.

Fiona, I just realized that I didn't answer a question you had asked. This is the village of Spry in York, PA. Not a very exciting place if you ask me :p

Thanks very much everyone for your kind comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back