Viewfinder dimming

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
During my last photoshoot I noticed my viewfinder dimming and when I took a picture and my flash wouldn't go off. The next shot I noticed the viewfinder brighten up and the flash worked. I thought I was giving my flash enough time to recycle, but maybe not. I was using a Flashpoint 360. Could that be from not waiting long enough between pictures?

You certainly need to wait long enough for the flash to recharge. From your comments about the viewfinder dimming I assume your camera has an electronic viewfinder. That will display what your camera's sensor is 'seeing' and if it is dim, there is not enough light. When the flash is ready to fire, the camera is reflecting that in the viewfinder brightness.

You certainly need to wait long enough for the flash to recharge. From your comments about the viewfinder dimming I assume your camera has an electronic viewfinder. That will display what your camera's sensor is 'seeing' and if it is dim, there is not enough light. When the flash is ready to fire, the camera is reflecting that in the viewfinder brightness.

Thank you for replying.. I figured out that it's my lens. The aperture blades are sticking. :(

I was going to say it sounds like lens was stopping down for the shot and flash was not firing. But if the blades are sticking / taking longer to retract then would get same effect.

Does your camera have a DOF button (depth of field preview). When actuating the button to exercise the aperture some help?

I was going to say it sounds like lens was stopping down for the shot and flash was not firing. But if the blades are sticking / taking longer to retract then would get same effect.

Does your camera have a DOF button (depth of field preview). When actuating the button to exercise the aperture some help?

Yes, it does.. I used it to figure out the blades were getting stuck. I press the button and the blades stick and then I press it again, and they unstick. That's why every other picture was underexposed. I'm kicking myself because it's a refurbished lens and now I need to pay to have it fixed since I'm past the 90 day warranty. :mad-44: I've only had it six months.

Unless you have an E lens. You lens will have a small lever on the mount that actuates the aperture. You can move it with your finger and watch the blades move in the lens. Might see what is going on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back