Views on Zoo wildlife photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Plenty of people here will disagree for many reasons. They're retarded."

Just like the signs at the zoo: Don't feed the internet trolls! :)

Who cares what they think? If they acted this way in public they'd get beaten up.

I don't equate mentioning the cattle like behavior or brand mongering most of us participate in to some degree at least with preemptively calling everyone you disagree with a retard. Do you? Really?

Anyone thats saying it so wrong to do zoo photography and telling the other people to go to Africa and get pictures of Lions is totally wrong. Why dont YOU RETARDS that are telling us to buy a ticket to Africa buy a trip to the serengety and get some wild lion pictures, and go upclose and get to experience these animals. No, you shouldnt lie and go to a zoo and take pictures then sell them saying they're from your African Safari but not everyone has the money to buy a plane ticket, a hotel room, and a lion tour. What is wrong with zoo photography??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You're indirectly calling us poor people who can't afford a trip to Africa so we go to the zoo to cover it up. :gun::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::confused::x

I go the zoo because I want to go to the zoo. I will take a photo of a lion, cause I want to take a photo of a lion. I have even sold a photo of a lion, and nobody really cared where I got the pic from, they just wanted the pic of a lion. I even said......yeah, I shot this at the zoo. It is a freekin photo.

Just like the signs at the zoo: Don't feed the internet trolls! :)

Who cares what they think? If they acted this way in public they'd get beaten up.

Ironic really, but a zoo is the only place you can get a picture of a troll anymore. Seems they were all beaten up in public and are now an endangered species residing only in zoos with an unsecured wifi.

I personally don't see what is wrong with taking pictures of animals at the zoo, as long as you don't use flash, which I'm inclined to believe not many animals are fans of. As tirediron said, misrepresenting a shot taken in the zoo as one in the wild would be immoral by the standards of most of us, including me, but I see nothing wrong with taking a photograph in the zoo.

I go the zoo because I want to go to the zoo. I will take a photo of a lion, cause I want to take a photo of a lion. I have even sold a photo of a lion, and nobody really cared where I got the pic from, they just wanted the pic of a lion. I even said......yeah, I shot this at the zoo. It is a freekin photo.

+1 :thumbup:

nothing is wrong with zoo photography.

I personally don't see what is wrong with taking pictures of animals at the zoo, as long as you don't use flash, which I'm inclined to believe not many animals are fans of. As tirediron said, misrepresenting a shot taken in the zoo as one in the wild would be immoral by the standards of most of us, including me, but I see nothing wrong with taking a photograph in the zoo.
I totally agree with you. Misrepresenting any subject is wrong. A photo is only a picture of something I have seen. When I capture a lion at the zoo, Im only capturing what I have seen....the retard I am....Obviously the zoo lets photographers take pics there. I see camera everywhere. Gheesh...as Im writting this the zoo is having a photography contest, for us retards. :lol::lol: Go figure....and guess what.. One of us retards will win a nice prize. Not bad for being a retard eh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

pm63, bifurcator, and chiller are all 100000000000000% correct! Zooo photography is fine, just dont misrepresent your photos.

That is spoken "one hundred trillion percent" just in case anyone was wondering. :D

I would have gone for one sextillion percent myself. (1000000000000000000000%) :lol:

At least yours was alive. I sold a picture of a mountain lion once, I snapped it at a local forestry visitor center. Totally stuffed and deader than a doornail, I got the dof where it couldn't be told that it was indoors behind the cash register. Well, except for the tiny little rectangular reflections from the flourescent light in its eyes.

I got some from a zoo too, but they never got sold- The cool thing about the shots from a zoo is they were that the lions lost their mother in the wild (was killed) when they were cubs. They were nursed and raised by the zoo and totally acclimated to humans. It didn't bother them at all to have photos taken.

Last thing I want to see in the desert/mountains wilderness is a mountain lion. I like the idea that they are there though. Zoo shots are fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back