Vintage cameras

That's it. I don't know what the flash thing it. Maybe it was just an extra piece. I guess it's not anything that good then

Thanks panblue, good links and info. :thumbup:

My best advice? Post ads at an art school/photography school. Students love experimenting with older cameras, and will pay more than they should for things they don't need.

YW. I've never heard of either the camera or the lens.

The DeJUR brand belong to a US importer/distributor founded by Ralph & Harry DeJur and the name is used on various photographic items, and cameras made in various countries US, Germany, Japan etc.

The company is The DeDeJUR Amsco Corporation, Shelton, Conneticut, with a New York office in the Flatiron Building.

To give you a rough idea of value there's a Dekon SR for sale for $70 Buy It Now on ebay in good condition.

Ian

Last edited:
Thank you all for the great info. Mine looks perfect. It's in the original case. The case is a little worn. I just wish I new what that mason swivel flash thing was. Anyone heard of those? I don't know how to post a picture of it on here. IANG do you know anything about the kodak brownie?

I have 2 or 3 Kodak Brownies, it's almost unbelievable but Kodak were still making Box Brownies and selling them in the 1960's.

Kodak used the Brownie name on other cameras, when my mother bought an Instamatic I began using her Brownie 127. There were Brownies with bellows, Brownie TLR's, Brownie movie cameras. Some people collect them, I paid £1 ($1.60) for quite a late box Brownie 3 weeks ago :D

So it depends which you have. Your flash unit doesn't sound unusual many better ones have swivelling/tilting heads, unfortunately capacitors tend to break down on older uints.

Ian

Most reactions

Back