Vintage Color Type Slides to sell

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by CRD67, Jun 12, 2018.

1. CRD67

CRD67 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have slides from Disney World (Frontier Land, It's a Small World, Mainstreet USA), Wisconsin Dells, Sagatuck Dune Scooters, in Michigan, Lake Wales, FL, Sarasota Jungle, Cypress Gardens, Weeki Wachee, St. Petersburg, FL, Aquatorium, and London Wax Museum in Florida.
    Hello, In cleaning out my parents and grandparents items (due to deaths of all of them over the past 20 years), I have found 4 color slides of Sarasota Jungle you might be interested in. Please contact me. I do have a photo of them.

$1 per slide, plus shipping. PAYPAL ONLY. OBO

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Please note that the 'Buy & Sell' Forum rules require you to include a price with your listing. Please update your post to include a price(s).

3. CRD67

CRD67 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you, but I don't know how to price them. Suggestions???

4. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    $1.00 each, OBO?

5. CRD67

CRD67 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I also found 2 more Cypress gardens and 1 more St. Petersburg, FL

6. zombiesniper

zombiesniper Furtographer Extraordinaire! Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Price them in accordance with what you think they are worth or what the market will take.

Suggestion is to remove this whole thread until you have a price so you remain compliant with the rules.

7. CRD67

CRD67 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ZombieSniper,
    Thank you for your comment, but when you don't know where to find market information and googling is bringing up deadends, this is the best place I have found.
    Instead of being not very friendly, offer a place to find this information. So I can remove and get it updated accordingly. I have taken the suggestion of another person, they tried to be helpful.

8. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure what to suggest... I don't think old slides necessarily have that much value. Maybe if the slides were of something of historic interest? But even then I suppose a historical society might have an interest more than there'd be a lot of monetary value.

I'm wondering if you'd be better off to try to sell them someplace where people interested in those venues might want them, maybe a local auction? There are places in my area that have a weekly auction.

The other thing that came to mind is there was just an annual photography show/auction in my state (so of course they won't have it again til next summer). They sell all kinds of vintage and antique cameras as well as stereo viewers, tintypes, etc. but photography/camera shows may not always include the antique items. If you could find anything like that in your area that might be a possibility; try searching camera show/auction in whatever city/state or search for shows/auctions for antiques and collectibles. Maybe a local antique mall or shop would take them on consignment.

They are kind of cool, being professionally done by Disney, etc. They could be viewed thru a hand held slide viewer one at a time, someone would not need a slide projector to look at them.

9. zombiesniper

zombiesniper Furtographer Extraordinaire! Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Since when is stating a fact unfriendly?

I gave you two options. You didn't like them or they were not of much use.
    The suggestion was to keep you from getting into trouble not to be a dick but you can't see that so I'm out.

Good luck.