Vintage Photo Reseearch

whitehawk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have some photos of my sister and I when we were 5 - 6 years old. They were taken by a female in Longbranch, NJ in the early 1960s, all B&W and were used for book, article or photo exhibt of children playing. Most pics are on the beach. I don't know the name of the photographer, but am trying to find information on the photos, etc. Question: Where to I go to do reserarch on the photos to determine the photographer, the book they weere used in, etc? We'd like to get a copy of the artilce, book, etc. for our kids.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

They were taken by a female in Longbranch, NJ in the early 1960s, all B&W and were used for book, article or photo exhibt of children playing.

^^^if you have those, its a start

I would bet there were not all that many female photographers in Longbranch, NJ in the early 1960's. In fact she may have been the only one.
Without her name, the title of the book, or the name of the publication that the article was printed in you're likely SOL.

You will likely need to start your research at the public library in Longbranch. Long Branch Free Public Library

Old Telephone Books: New Jersey Telephone Books

Most reactions

Back