Virgin Mary Statue

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think of the composition? I did not want it dead straight on. I thought a different angle would be striking but did I pull it off? Do you think a closer crop would have been better?

virgin mary by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:
My knee jerk reaction, I'm thinking Mary is a little engulfed by the scene. I'd like to see a version where she is a little more prominent.

Maybe a closer crop? Composition is interesting, surely.

What do you think of this crop?

Crop2.jpg

Nice histogram btw :thumbup:

yeah i was thinking she was a little over consumed by the background and had a crop in mind like that even perhaps closer but, If I go to close I think I loose the background detail that helps promote my vision. I did not want to crop to close and loose that window. The crop you did works.

yeah i was thinking she was a little over consumed by the background and had a crop in mind like that even perhaps closer but, If I go to close I think I loose the background detail that helps promote my vision. I did not want to crop to close and loose that window. The crop you did works.

yeah the cool thing with the image in either version is the histogram is dead center, good job on that :thumbup:

Is it just me or are those clouds moving?

Is it just me or are those clouds moving?

I don't see any ghosting and interesting enough, when I look at a certain spot/focal point in the sky I start to see the clouds move. Perhaps its an optical illusion of some sort. Its like those pictures where you have to kinda look cross eyed to see the image from all the shapes and bam it pops out 3 dimensional.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back