Visit to Niagara Falls

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two weeks ago I went to Niagara, and marvelled yet again at what a pretty place it is. The fall leaves weren't quite at their peak, but given the area got hit one week later with a freakishly early and heavy snowstorm that knocked the power out to 300,000 people, this is as good as it got…

1. The American Falls, as seen from the Canadian side. The two boats, called the Maid of the Mist, go close to the base of the two waterfalls at Niagara (the American and the Canadian Falls).

img0003psrsqr5.jpg

2. Looking back at the American Falls from up near the Horseshoe Falls (aka the Canadian Falls). There is often a double or single rainbow here, given how much mist is in the air.

img0015psrsyy7.jpg

3. Looking back at the Rainbow Bridge, one of the busiest border crossings between the US and Canada. It's a few hundred feet from the American Falls.

img0066psrszq1.jpg

4. The edge of the Horseshoe Falls (~176 ft/54 m tall, flow of 600,000 US gallons a second in peak periods. It's the second largest falls, next to Victoria Falls in southern Africa.)

img0059psrsrn7.jpg

5. Looking up the Niagara Gorge at the Horseshoe Falls. Note the Maid of the Mist right near the foot of the Falls.

img0067psrsgj0.jpg

Thanks for looking

cool shots anty.... now thats one place i gotta go sometime.... that looks awesome... and i'd love to experiment with those rainbows, tfs. :thumbup:

Great shots. Thanks for taking us.

Archangel said:
cool shots anty.... now thats one place i gotta go sometime.... that looks awesome... and i'd love to experiment with those rainbows, tfs. :thumbup:
Hey Arch, if you ever make it to Toronto, I'll take you to the Falls.

One day ... don't know when but ... I will go and look at this sight myself and with my own eyes (and camera). Yes...! Decision's been made. I must see this, I feel!!!
And hear it!
Hear it more than see, even, I think. It must be THUNDERING!

Nah its not a bad little waterfall, I get a simillar effect when I run a bath :lol:

4 and 5 for me

great series anti, well captured. and to think I get excited over any little waterfall i can find even if it's only a drop of a few inches. I would probably just stand there in awe and completely forget to take a photo...

wonderful series anty!!!
lovely set of shots showcasing the falls...
i remember my time there as a kid... was kind of thrilling at the time getting soaked in the maid of the mist ride
#4 would be my fave :D
thanks for the memories !
cheers

Nice shootin Anty. What a great series.

Love them!

#2, I think that rainbow is so beautiful! and for #5, love the mist!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back