Vista + animated gifs

clarinetJWD said:
I give up... I just do. It's just impossible to talk sense when people don't want to hear it.

Alrighty, then... I meant no offense, but have your fun...I don't want to get into this.

Next time, if you don't have an answer or don't want to answer - then don't answer. But don't give a dbag answer and then pretend like you didn't.

That said, I'm done. I asked a simple question, hoping someone had an answer but you couldn't resist. In the future, try not to be such a troll.

I agree that first post of mine was uncalled for. Over the past while here, I've become more and more jaded towards people in general, and the frequency in which MS (particularly Vista) bashing posts appear seems to be getting ridiculous, and perpetuated mostly by people who don't have a lot of experience with it.

I thought I remembered you as one of those instigators, probably because I recall 2 threads with Vista in the title recently, but looking back on your post history I see that's not the case, that they were both valid questions.

As for the second bit, I did answer you. I didn't in that first post, which I admit was not particularly well thought out, but the second, I said what the problem was, and gave the reason why. Animated GIFs executed by programs with higher privilege levels (IE8 by default runs with very low permissions relative to most other software) is a big security hole. Like I said in my last post, I meant no offense, and I'm sorry you took it that way. Seriously, though...with all that's gone on around here over the past few months with so many people, I don't appreciate being lumped in with the troll group for one snide remark.

EDIT: Also, that first comment was more a knee slap reaction to photo28 calling out animated GIF files in an image viewer a real reason for not upgrading. Not an excuse, or trying to pass the blame, I just thought I should clarify. I've been around here a long time, and I definitely know better than to open my mouth most of the time, but I guess this just caught me on a bad day. I really do try to make this place better most of the time, ignoring what I don't like, trying to pass on some know how when I can, and what not, but I missed the mark today. No hard feelings? :)

Last edited:
same thing happens on win7 doesnt bother me

Most reactions

Back